The Beginning

Hanna

Staring down at the box that I had hauled into my room - tears were threatening to spill. I knew what was going to be inside, the camera she had started to take with her everywhere was a sign, a sign she was going to do something stupid. With shaking hands I tore the letter off the box, unfolding her precise folds, I read. I think my heart broke once I had finished - tears were carving rivers down my face - my vision blurred with so much water in the way. But once I read about the pills a strangled sob/ cry escaped me, how could my best friend leave me like this, I had lost the girl I loved and my best friend. Even though nothing could ever happen between us - I still loved her.

And death won't make me love her less...

I cried on my bed, my heart just ached, my head hurt and I wanted escape. Sniffing I fumbled for my make up bag, once I found it I opened it and rummaged round until I hissed in pain. I got the blade out though, even if my hand was bleeding.

(WARNING!! For self harmers, and those who are sensitive. This is the only warning you will get Hanna is a self harmer. If you don't like that stuff, then whenever I mention blood or blade you can skip on - or just don't read it.)

I dragged the blade across my left wrist, the pain hurt, but I had a high pain threshold because of this. Yes its wrong, but this is how I cope with who I am, a girl who likes girls and guys - so I think Kylie I have it worse than you now. I cried out as I slit into my skin again, a cry of pain, sorrow and loss; why did you have to leave us Kylie?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Oh my god I fell asleep with the blade in my hand! Looking down I was thankful I didn't have blood everywhere, quickly stuffing the blade in my make up bag I rested back down on the bed. School today...

Would anyone miss me if I missed it today? Sure Shane would and Tom...OH MY GOD TOM!! He must feel like shit and soooo guilty right about now. Scrambling for my phone I saw I had about dozen texts from him and then 3 from Shane.

Hanna please tell me you got the other box - Tom

Jesus Christ she's really gone!? Oh my god Hanna.... - Tom

This is all my fault - Tom

If I had never asked her out maybe... - Tom

DAMN it Hanna have you switched your phone off!? - Tom

ANSWER ME - Tom

Please Hanna, we both have the same boxes and the same footage, we could watch it together? With Shane of course - he just messaged me. - Tom

Hanna you and Tom may need company whilst watching the footage, so if you want I can watch it with you two? I am her twin...was her twin. - Shane

Hey Hanna I'll be here for you - for both of you - Shane

This text was from half an hour earlier.

Tom - Did you cry last night?

Sighing I scrolled down to his contact and put it on call. Then loudspeaker - getting ready for school and a depressing chat - yay....(yeah that was sarcasm).

"Hanna thank Christ you called. I feared you'd gone and done something stupid. Hanna what if..." he trailed off.

I said quietly "Do you think the school knows?"

"Maybe. Shane is at mine, slept over, came about midnight cause his parents were arguing. Do you want me to pick you up for school?"

I said sadly "Yeah we may as well face this together."

"Be there in 5. Bye."

"Bye Tom."

The call ended. I sighed as I looked at my red walls - everything creative in this room Kylie had done - it hurt to be here; but then it also helped because it felt as if she was here in my room watching me. Sighing I dragged myself to the mirror to make sure I was as presentable as I can be. Slipping on my back boots added a contrast to my blue getup. Baby blue jumper and blue skinny jeans. Quietly running down the stairs until I landed in the hallway.

My parents had already gone, they were never in, couldn't stand to be near their only child who had problems. Running a hnd through my auburn hair I went out the door, after grabbing my school bag, then shut the door and locked it. Tom as always - was on time. He and Shane looked like hell; glad I wasn't the only one who looked like the walking dead. Shane said "Come on then girl - lets go and deal with the twats."

I smiled at that as I got into the car. One way or another were going to get through this together, somehow we all were in the same tutor, yeah Shane nad Kylie hated to be separated; ironic really now you think about it. If people at school didn't now they would soon - one of us would snap. Its just a given...

AUTHOR NOTE

So what do we think? Yeah this story is loaded with heavy stuff, but in the end, life is like this. So please stick with Kylie and Hanna - its really their story. However there will be 4 POV's - Kylie (through the footage and flashbacks to before she died), Hanna, Shane and Tom.

Anyhoo thanks for reading, means a lot and if I could would hug everyone who reads my books - but I am not flying all over the world for that. So just imagine I gave you a hug. xoxoxoxox