Release

Visiting hours had ended a while ago and his 'family' had ended arguing a little before, apologizing and feeling embarrassed. Matthew didn't care though, he had spent all that time talking to Kiku about what he knew about Matthew family, mostly his brother though...

Apparently, Matthew was adopted by the couple along with his brother when they were around 5. Alfred hadn't told him why or how they ended up there so Kiku wasn't able to tell much about that, but he did mention his brothers obsession with hamburgers and Captain America and a few anime as well, whatever those things were.

Kiku had also mentioned that he had two very close friends. One was some loud albino boy who claimed to be Prussian named Gilbert and the other one was a tall 'scary' Russian boy named Ivan. There was more but Matthew would rather not dwell on those. He had some very strange friends apparently.

His thoughts were interrupted by the blonde doctor walking in. He sat on Matt's temporary bed and made himself comfortable. After a couple of moments of silence, he decided to speak up.

"So, um.... that was, like, your family huh?"

"Yeah.... I guess so..."

"You don't sound too happy about that."

"To be honest, not really... They're just so... I don't even know how to put it! They came to visit me but spent the whole time arguing! It's like they even forgot I was there!" Matthew let out a long sigh. "Really, I'd rather go with you and Toris... You guys take care of me and we've talked a lot since I woke up and you guys reassured me, making me feel safe.... I thought my family would care but..... I'm not to sure now."

"I'm totally flattered an I would love to adopt and take you home and cuddle you all day, but you have a family that does care about you, I bet they were just scared and overcoming shock and trying to process the fact that you had lost your memories. Hah you should have seen your two friends trying to get in here. They came a little too late and one of them almost ran Little Liet over, hah, he was so scared! Loser! But point being, you just need to give them a chance."

Matthew sighed in defeat and let out a small chuckle. "I never knew you were so good at giving a pep talk. You don't look like the type."

"Hah! Toris would so totally agree with you."

"Yeah I would."

"Liet!" Shouted the polish man running up to Toris.

"Hi Toris." Mathew waved.

"Hello," he said, "so I've been looking through and your broken leg has healed during the time you were out, but they will still be a little sore. Other than that, you're fine and you can go home tomorrow!"

Matthew shifted. "Do I have to...?"

Toris looked at Feliks with a confused face, waiting for an explanation.

"He's not fond of them..."

Toris shaped his mouth into a small O and nodded in understandment.

"Yeah.... I kind of... wanted to stay with you guys instead..."

The Lithuanian gave a soft smile. "You know we can't."

He sighed. "I know but ya can't blame me for trying..."

"Aww don't worry, you'll still see us, you have to come back anyways so that we can check in you."

The both walked to the door and flickered off the lights.

"Now get some rest, tomorrow is a big day and we don't want you to miss it."

"That makes one of us...."

"Two, now goodnight."

And with that, they left, leaving Matthew alone to his own thoughts.