A Horrible Wake-up Call

Alfred woke up with a spark- no, an explosion of excitement. His birthday was coming up in a few days and he knew what that meant.

"Mattie, bro. Wake up!" He shouted, jumping on his twin brother's bed.

Wait, it was empty.

Alfred panicked for a moment before he looked up. Oh, that's why Matt wasn't there. It was 12:00....

'Damn it' Alfred thought '..... I woke up too early....'

Alfred laughed and snuggled back into his bed like the lazy ass he is. After a few minutes, just as he was about to drift off into slumber, he felt a knot in his stomach. It hurt.

'What the hell!' Alfred thought 'I'm not sick so why?'

Alfred felt extremely uneasy. Maybe something had happened.... nah that couldn't be it. Dad and Papa are both downstairs and if something were to have happened they'd be throwing a fit, right?

Alfred still couldnt help but worry at the sudden feeling but he tried to push it to the back of his mind. Within a few minutes he fell asleep, but unfortunately it was not a dreamless one...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arthur had begun to feel bored. He was still in need of decoration so he thought he would help Francis with the cooking but was instead denied.

'Bloody frog, not letting me help with the cooking!' the Brit had thought, annoyed. 'Saying my cooking is horrible when its very scrumptious! The nerve of him!' Arthur continued to sit there, pouting.

Francis had poked his head through the door. He was smirking to himself as he watched his husband pout there.

Arthur heard footsteps coming towards him. He immediately knew who it was and the following voice had only confirmed his thoughts.

"Awww," said Francis, "is my little baby upset?" He sat Dow next to Arthur and wrapped his arms around his waist, only to receive a glance opposite of his direction.

"Aren't you supposed to be cooking you bloody frog!" Arthur said as he tried to escape his husbands grasp.

"Non," Francis replied, "everything is finished or in the oven." Francis leaned into Arthur, wanting a kiss, before there was a knock at the door.

"Now who the bloody hell could that be? Matthew has keys to the house, or did he forget them?"

Francis shifted from the couch so that Arthur and himself could get up to answer the door.

They were surprised to see two boys standing there holding gifts. The first one has white hair and violet-red and the second one had ash blonde hair and wore a scarf around his neck.

'Are they here for Alfred?'

"Hello boys, what brings you all here today?" Arthur said.

"We are here for Matvy, da!" Replied the ash blonde.

"Ja, we are here to celebrate birdie's birthday." The albino added.

"Matthew's birthday...?" The Brit asked, confused. He looked at his husband, who had the exact same expression he did.

"Ja," the white haired boy replied slowly, "today is birdie's birthday... don't tell me you forgot your own son's birthday!" Exclaimed the (what was he german?) boy.

"What kind of people are you?" Asked the Russian (?) in disbelief. He looked inside. "Wow, you sure did seem to be going all out for that annoying American though." He noted, looking inside. "I can only imagine how poor Matvy must be feeling, even im more cared for than him! People actually remember my birthday and me in general!"

Francis was the first of the two to speak, "That cant be right... Matthew's birthday is on-"

"The feaking first of July," interrupted the Albino, "on Canada Day, if thats how you'll remember it."

It all then came creshing down on Arthur like a thousand bricks.

Thats why Matthew was acting strange,
Thats why he looked so hopeful when Arthur acknowledged him....
And thats why he left the house angrily...

Francis was the first to recover from this news.

"How could we!" He exclaimed. "Hurry boys come on in." he said, gesturing the boys to come inside. "We need to help set up for Matthews birthday."

Everyone rushed inside. As they began to attempt to set everything up, Alfred came running downstairs, already dressed and with tears streaming down his face.

"Where is Mattie!" Alfred shouted desperately, looking around for any sign of him.

"Calm down lad!" Arthur said. "I sent him to the store to pick up some things, why!?"

Arthur saw Alfred immediately pale as he began to mumble 'nonononono'.

"I-I had a dream where.... Mattie got hit by a car."

"Calm down, Alfred, it was only a dream...." Francis said, but he sounded a little uncertain and worried.

Arthur was a little worried himself, he looked at the time to see that it was already 12:30. Its already been an hour... what could be taking Matthew so long? The store was only a few blocks away...

Suddenly, the phone rang.

Arthur quickly ran over to pick, thinking it might be Matthew.

"Hello..." he answered nervously, "who might this be..."

"Hello sir, is this the residence of Arthur Kirkland and Francis Bonnefoy?"

"Yes..." Arthur's stomach did a couple of flipps. Why did he feel so nervous!?

He must have looked very worried because everyone had begun to gather around, leaning in trying to hear what the other person was saying.

"And your son's name is Matthew Williams, correct?" The voice continued.

"Yes."

At this point Alfred had gotten sick of not knowing what was going on so he leaned over and put the phone on speaker.

God how he wished he hadn't...

"Alright then, my name is Dr. Toris Laurinaitis and I regret to inform you that your son is in the hospital... he was hit by a car..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note:yeah I hate these too but I suppose they are necessary sometimes (¬_¬)

So what did you think of the chapter (^O^)

Okay, yeah so Matthew's friends are Russia and Prussia because well... just because it's cute and stuff. Like tough trouble-making guys being friends with a cute and friendly blonde. and their story of friendship is explained in more detail In the following chapters after the (haha I'm so evil)

And Cuba. I know he is one of Canada's good friends, but he hates America so much and he is extremely openly violent and I just couldn't have that in this chapter, especially since he is known to hurt Canada a lot, but it you want, I might add him in later chapters.

That's all for now~
@Kingdom_of_souls