Chapter 12. Battle (Part 1)

Hiccup's POV.
....................................
Wow! I'm happy that yesterday went well, and even though it's morning now I'am completely pooped. But as always, a Chiefs work is never done. Toothless had to push me out of bed and off the cliff to wake me up. He caught me before I hit the ground thank goodness! After I had fed all the dragons, I sat down on a log and rested my head in my hands.
"Someone's coming." Toothless warned me.
My head shot up and i saw Snotlout walking over.
"Hey. It's just me!" He raised his hands in defence. I sighed and shuffled a bit so that he could sit next to me. He did.
"Umm......look, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry about the way I treated you back when you were on Berk." Snotlout apologised and stared at the ground.
"Apology excepted." I smiled. He smiled back. However, my smile soon disappeared because I needed to tell the whole gang something. And it could mean there lives.
"Snotlout. I need to tell you something."
"Sure."
"Well. Before you's arrived, Astrid, Alvin and I were planning an attack. And we still are, but I fear for the safety of you, the twins, Gobber and Fishlegs." I would have kept talking but Snotlout interrupted me.
"Where are you attacking? We might be able to help!" Snotlout fist pumped the air.
"It's...........its Berk." I said dumbly. Snotlout at first gasped but then slowly seemed to digest it.
"I can understand that. But your father, you can't kill him!" Snotlout seemed sad about a dead Stoick.
"He's not my father! He's a heartless man that never understood me." I growled.
"An attack! Did I hear my favourite word?" Tuffnut appeared out of nowhere, followed by Ruffnut.
"Yeah an attack on our own island!" Ruff cheered. Fishlegs and Gobber than appeared. Gobber had a sad face and Fishlegs was just worried.
"I'm sorry Gobber. But it's the only way I can make Stoick understand." I approached Gobber.
"It's alright. I understand. But your only attacking on one condition." He replied with a slight glint in his eyes.
"What?"
"We're coming with you."

.........................................Time Skip..........................................
One week later.
Stoick's POV.
............................................
"Still no sign of the boat Stoick!" Gunner ran up to me.
"Where could they have gone? Gobber is never late!" I scratched my beard. Gunner stood next to me waiting for my next order.
"Your dismissed. I don't think I'll worry about it until tomorrow. Besides, it was already evening and with a cloudy sky up above there shouldn't be any dragon attacks. I ambled my way over to my house, and walked upstairs. Like every single day, I always pass Hiccup's old room. I haven't been in it since he left. I turned the nob and walked in. It was dusty and papers were littered everywhere. His bed was unmade, and some of his clothes were lying in the floor. His desk was covered in drawing of inventions, Astrid, and dragons. Wait! Dragons? I stopped and grabbed a handful of papers and sat down on his bed. I was right, there were dragon drawings. Mostly on that Night Fury, but some on other dragons such as the Deadly Nadder or.....
"Arghhhh!!!!!!!" I heard a scream from outside. I jumped up, jumped the stairs, and ran outside clutching my sword. Dragons were everywhere! Buildings were on fire and Vikings were running all over the place like headless chickens. I barked orders as I tried to hit a Nadder. It dodged.
"Being cheeky aye?" I charged full on only to run into a poll that was behind the Nadder. It made a laughing sound at me, but stopped when a net landed on it. It struggled and squawked a lot. Suddenly a purple/blue plasma blast coming from nowhere hit the ground near the Nadder, causing the net to burn and the Nadder getting free. I turned my attention to where the blast came from but only saw a mass of dragons circling the village. Wait a second, that Hideous Zippleback has four heads! Snaptrapper! It's the only dragon that has four heads. But Snaptrapper's don't emit gas. And this one was.
"Stoick! Some if the dragons have riders!" Gunner yelled. Of course! Dragons riders were becoming more known.
"Shoot them down!" I yelled to Gunner. He ran to the net thrower things and shot the nets. One wrapped around a Deadly Nadder that had a rider.
"Astrid!" I mumbled, walking over to the Nadder. Astrid was trying to cut the net with her axe.
"Hello Astrid. Here to help with the dragon problems? Or here to kill us?!" I grabbed her through the net and held her by the throat. She tried everything to get out of my grasp. Finally she called out something that made my heart stop.
"HICCUP!!!"