Chapter 6

"C'mon, Liam. Leave the girl alone." Zayn says.

"No.. It's.. fine." I say as Kyle inches closer to me.

"Really?" Liam is definitely surprised.

"Mica come on," Kyle says,taking my hand. I pull away. "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing!" I tell him.

"Mica,"

"Other than the fact that I caught you snogging another girl and then I almost got strangled by my ex-boyfriend, it was a pretty good day." I say sarcastically. Kyle just stares at me.

"I should go," he says grabbing his jacket, but he turns around and grabs Liam by the shirt collar. "Don't touch her." He warns, stomping to the door. He slams it on his way out sending Lux into a round of sobs. I rush to her and cradle her in my arms.

"I'm going to bed." I tell the boys. "Don't make too much noise, please." I say, walking up the stairs. I head into Lux's room and change her into her pyjamas. "Will you be a good girl, Luxie?" I ask, laying her down into the crib. Lux nods vigorously and turns into her side. I walk across the hall into my room and change into some shorts and a tank top. I snuggle into my covers and lay my head down. As soon as I fall asleep the nightmares start.

'I love you,' The voice is deep and dark sending shivers down my spine.

'Logan?'

And they scream the worst things in life come free to us.

'Logan let me go!'

He kisses my temple

'Get away from my house!'

The world fades black and fire springs up around me, engulfing me, choking me,

It's too cold outside for angels to fly.

"Mica!"

"DON'T TOUCH ME!"

"Mica, it's only me! it's Liam!"

"Why are you in my room?"I ask, sitting up. Sweat runs down my arms and back.

"You were... Screaming." He says looking down.

"Oh..." I glance at the clock. 2 AM. "Sorry for waking you."

"It's fine. Sorry for coming in your room."

"It's fine." I say, throwing off the covers. "I just need to take a shower."

"Okay..." Liam says, stepping away. He leaves the room and I gather a new pair of shorts and a tee-shirt and head into the bathroom. I turn on the hot water and wait as the new soundtrack of my life rings through my head.

Ripped gloves, raincoat, tried to swim, stay afloat, dry house, wet clothes.

I step into the shower and let the hot water wash over me.

"Hey! Mica!" There's pounding on the door as I shut off the water.

"What do you want, Liam!" I shout.

"There's a bit of an... emergency!" He shouts. There's screaming downstairs.

"PUT THE BOOKCASE IN FRONT OF THE DOOR!" Someone downstairs shouts.

"I'm coming." I get out of the shower and quickly dress, throwing my hair in a ponytail.

"Uh... HURRY!" Liam shouts. I open the door.

"What's going on?"

"There are kinda fans attacking the house..."

"WHAT."

"Simon Cowell is on the phone, and we're getting it taken care of.. but you might want to be careful."

"CAN YOU DO ANYTHING RIGHT?"

"It's not my fault!"

"YEAH IT IS!"

"Mica calm it!"

"NO!" I throw open the curtains of my bedroom window revealing the hundreds of girls screaming in my yard. "I WILL NOT CALM IT!" I push past Liam and out the door. I run down the stairs and into the living room.

"Oh my gosh! The window!" Zayn yells.

"You guys just, go!" I shout, pointing to the basement door. "I'll take care of it!" The boys take off and slam the basement door. I open the window a smidge.

"LEAVE!" I shout as Police cars pull up along the road. The screaming gets louder as girls are pushed down the block. "Boys they're gone!" 5 pairs of feet stomp up the stairs.

"Does that happen a lot?" I ask them. They nod.

"We're not going to be stuck inside all day, are we?" Louis asks, pushing open some curtains revealing the sun coming up over the hills.

"It's supposed to be really warm out today!" Zayn says.

"I want to go to the park!" Niall says.

"Park park park!" Lux chants from Harry's arms.

"Let's focus on breakfast first." I say. I get out a pan from the cupboard and a carton of eggs from the fridge.

"How do you like them?" I ask Niall who's sitting by the counter anxiously.

"Easy over. Gooey yolk." He tells me. I make everyone's egg orders (including seconds) and once the dishes are washed we sit down in the living room.

"How are we going to have a good time while getting mobbed?" Harry asks.

"I don't want Lux being near that." I say.

"We could go with hoodies and sunglasses." Zayn suggests.

"But everyone already knows we're around here. The girls will be looking." Louis says.

"I know this great tiny little neighborhood with a huge park about an hour from here." I find myself saying.

"Great! Nobody will expect us to be there!" Liam says.

"Let's get ready,then." Niall says running to the guest bedroom. I run up the stairs to my room, grab some jean shorts and a flowery purple top and pull them on. I head into the bathroom where I put my hair in a messy bun and apply a light makeup to my face. I got my mum's talent. I head into Lux's room to get her changed, but Liam is already there. He wears a simple red shirt and jeans and his hair messes up in just the right places.

"Hey," I say walking over to Lux's chest of drawers and pulling out a yellow sun dress.

"Hey." Liam answers. Lux doesn't budge as I dress her and put on her little sandals.

"You're really good with her, you know." Liam says and I smile.

"COME ON, YA SLOW ARSES!" Louis bellows and we all scurry down stories and into the car. Once we're all buckled and Harry gets behind the wheel, I realize.

What am I getting myself into?!