Chapter 29 And So it Goes

Start from the beginning

Me: Messing with Cole. Please play along.

Roger: No problem.

Shawn looks up and into my eyes. He sees what's going on. He gives me a small smile and looks back down at his homework. I shrug and turn back to Cole. "They made me an offer I couldn't refuse."

I think that he's going to burst a vein or something. He starts to yell, "Dammit Neri, you know that I'm taking you out of town this weekend! Why did you take it?"

I shrug again, "Like I said they made me an offer I couldn't refuse."

"No way are you taking that job this weekend. Shawn, do you hear this?" Shawn puts his hands up and says, "I'm not in this. That's between you two and Roger."

"We'll take care of this." He says. He picks up his phone, find Rogers name and selects it. "Roger, she cannot work this weekend!" He listens as Roger speaks. "Who else, Neri! You have to cancel anything she has going on this weekend!" He's quiet again as he listens to Roger. I look behind his head at Shawn who has his head tucked down and trying not to laugh too loud. Cole looks back up at me opening his mouth to yell at Roger again and I can't control my smile. He's silent for a moment as he looks back at Shawn. At this point Shawn is laughing so hard he can't control it. He deflates. "You're messing with me aren't you?" I nod my head. He hangs up on Roger without saying bye or anything.

I get out of my seat and start backing away towards the bedroom door. Cole jumps out of his chair and I turn and run into the bedroom closing the door behind me. I look around for a place to hide and could only find the tub in the bathroom. I hear the doorknob to the bedroom start to turn and I run into the bathroom and jump in the tub. I hear him walk in the bedroom. I hear him move around looking for me. I make sure that I don't move because every little movement in the tub makes a sound. I start to hold my breath as I hear him get closer to the bathroom.

I hear his shoes hit the bare floor as he walks into the bathroom. I hear quiet and then all of a sudden the shower curtain is yanked open and he's grabbing me around the waist, hoisting me over his shoulder. He's carrying me out of the bathroom as I start to squeal. He throws me down on the bed and climbs on top of me so I can't get away. I'm squirming, trying to move out from under him. He pins my arms down and looks at me with a smile on his face. "I'll teach you to mess with me." One of his hands come down to my armpits and he starts tickling me which elicits a whole new set of squeals out of me. After trying to move away from him and it not working I start to beg.

"Please stop! I have to pee!" I squeal "I promise. I won't do it anymore!" "Say I'm the king and I'll stop." He says as he runs his fingers down my side. I squeal some more. "You are the king! Please stop!" He runs his fingers down my side one more time before he lets go. My arms move down first and when he frames my face with his hands. My arms comes back up and my hands rest on his arms. He looks at me and reaches down and gives me a kiss. When he pulls back, he says, "I'm so glad I met you and that you let me in. You will always be a part of me. I just want you to know that. I love you."

"I feel the same way. I bless the day that Mike broke up with me because if he didn't I would have never met you. That would have been a shame." He kisses me again. He pulls back and gets up pulling me up with him. "Let's go back in there so Shawn knows that you're still alive." "I really have to go to the bathroom first." I tell him. He leans down and pecks my lips. "Okay, I'm going in there."

After I finish, I head into the living room. Shawn and Cole are sitting at the table talking and laughing. I walk over to join them and take a seat. "Did you call Roger back?" I ask Cole. "Why?" "You hung up on him without saying anything. Don't you think you owe him a callback?" Cole says, "I'll call him back alright. He might not like what I have to say."