Apparently Sam's mini speech hadn't comforted Cas in the slightest. If anything it made him more flustered. Cas ran his fingers through his hair and Sam figured that he had picked up the habit from Dean. That was probably how his hair had become as flustered as it was currently. It was clear that Cas was fairly close to having a mental breakdown at this point.

Apparently Gabriel was also beginning to realize this as he interrupted his brother.

"Cassie, whoa there buddy calm down alright!" Gabriel exclaimed hurriedly as he tossed the blankets back and clambered past Sam.

He sauntered over to Cas and clapped his hands down onto his brothers shoulders. Gabriel moved in front of Cas so that he was now staring directly into the younger angel's face. (Well he had to kinda look up in order to look directly at Cas... But you get the idea)

"Listen. We're gonna get your little boy toy back in one piece. Don't worry about it baby bro. You've got me and Sam here to help and I'm pretty sure Sammich wants to get him back as much as you do." Gabriel said confidentiality. "Trust me."

Cas narrowed his eyes ever so slightly in annoyance at the word 'boy toy' but he sniffled slightly and nodded in agreement. The mental breakdown had been avoided for the moment.

"Here, take a sucker. They make everyone feel a thousand times better." Gabriel said as he made a red lollypop appear out of thin air.

"I don't want it..." Cas said grumpily.

Gabriel simply shrugged and said, "Suit yourself." As he popped the candy into his mouth.

Then, Gabriel turned to Sam and winked as he asked, "Want one?"

Sam shook his head and forced out a small no. Ignoring the little wink that Gabriel had just given him. In all honesty Sam couldn't have eaten if he wanted to. His heart felt like it was in his stomach and he wanted to puke. Not knowing what had happened to Dean was stressing him out too much.

"Hey... uh Cassie. Why don't you check your room for hex bags or something." Gabriel said with a sidelong glance at Sam. "Me and the moose will go see if anyone saw something suspicious and witchy last night."

Cas nodded stiffly and turned to walk out the door looking like a soldier going to war.

"And hey, don't do anything too stupid until we regroup." Gabriel called after the dark haired angel as he removed the sucker from his mouth.

The moment the door shut behind Cas, Gabriel was kneeling in front of Sam.

"Hey... Sam are you alright?" Gabriel asked softly as he lifted his hand to brush a stray piece of hair out of Sam's face.

Sam was slightly startled by the fact that Gabriel had actually called him 'Sam' instead of some weird ass nickname. Gabriel must be really worried about him.

"I'm fine." Sam said with a cold snap. He didn't mean for it to come out harsh, but it was the only way he could manage to punch the words out of himself.

"No need to get all pissy. I'm just trying to help." Gabriel said defensively before softening his voice and almost whispering. "I want you to be alright. I can't stand to see you upset."

Sam gave Gabriel a soft glare that clearly said 'Are you being serious right now?'

"Yeah, well what about that time you killed Dean a hundred times?" Sam asked with arched eyebrows.

Gabriel winced a little and said, "You still haven't forgotten about that one have you?"

Sam simply answered by giving Gabriel a cold stare.