Chapter 1

Tris's POV

   "Beatrice honey, are you sure you want to do this?" My mom asks for the millionth time today.

    "Mom. I'm positive. I want to enjoy my senior year! I want to make friends, make memories, be a teen for once!" 

   "Just be careful sweetie." My dad says while giving me a kiss on the head.

   "You guys don't have to baby me. Caleb went to public school and nothing-" I stop myself from finishing the sentence. That's not true, something did happen... I look at my parents and see them staring at the ground in grief. It's been almost 2 years since the incident and my family has never been the same. Especially the fact that I became something that my brother would have been proud of.

    "You are going to be late! You better hurry my dear!" My mom exclaims snapping out of her trance while throwing my backpack over my shoulders.

   "Have fun! Make good choices!" My dad calls out to me as I am about to get into my car.

   "I will! Besides, how bad can high school be?" 

Tobias's POV

   "Tobias get your lazy no good butt out of bed! You are not going to make a fool out of me by being late on the first day of school!" I hear the devil yell from downstairs. I swear one day I will-

   "Tobias! I swear if you are not up right now!"

    "I'm up! Gosh!" I yell back down to him and literally force myself out of bed.

    "Don't you dare talk to me like that boy! I don't know what has gotten into you! I am your father and you will not disrespect me like that! I swear you are a disgrace to the Eaton name! If you ever-"

    I roll my eyes and cut him off,"You better leave now or else you're going to be late to your meeting!" Even though I'm up in my room I can tell his eyes just widened from realization.

    "You better be home on time today, I'm not going to forget this conversation. You're going to get it today!" He shouts and the door slams signaling that he is out of the house.

     Gosh. I hate that man more than anything. At least when my mom was alive she would be here to calm him down so he wouldn't go too psycho on me. She died when I was eight though, I'm used to this now. I look around deciding that I should probably start to get ready for school. I put on a white button down shirt with blue jeans and throw on my 'nerd' glasses. 

    I hate dressing like this, but I have to do what I can to make sure no one can find out my secret life that I've been hiding for three years. I grab my backpack and sling it over one shoulder and look around for my keys. As I look around I see the famous Four's black hoodie and mask in plain sight. I quickly throw that into my closet and hide it. If Marcus saw that he would definitely kill me.

   I groan. I hate him more than anything, maybe even more than stupid Six. He just thinks he can get away with anything just because he is the mayor and a literal billionaire. I shake my head and look in the mirror and mess up my dark hair a bit. No matter how hard I try I will always look hot. I just look like a really hot nerd right now, as usual. Fun fact I do have to wear glasses but I'd prefer to wear contacts. Tobias though wears glasses. I roll my eyes and walk away from the mirror.  My phone starts ringing and I quickly answer it without checking the caller id.

   "Tobias dude. Where are you? You're missing some hot girls- Ow! What? I was just saying, he'd enjoy it. You know I love you baby."

    "Zeke if you're just gonna sweet talk your girlfriend the entire time I'm going to hang up."

   "Sorry man. I just need you here it's been so long since I've seen you."

   I roll my eyes and chuckle at my best friend while hopping in the car,"You saw me yesterday."

   "That's too long!" he exclaims dramatically.

   I laugh,"Ok ok jeez buddy. I just got in the car, I will be there in about 5 minutes."

   "You better! If you're not here in exactly 5 minutes I will be calling you!" 

   I shake my head,"Bye Zeke!" Ready to go to hell again. Yes, high school is that bad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: What!? Have I finally published this story!? I have had this idea in mind for literally a year. I'm so glad that I finally made it! What do you guys think of it so far? For those of you that know, my chapters are usually longer. I just wanted to give yall a little preview to get you excited. I will try to update as soon as possible. I'm so excited for this story! I have so many ideas. I've missed yall so much!

Please let me know what yall think of this story so far! I will see you in the next chapter!