"That isn't fair!" I shouted, upset.

 "You know what isn't fair? It isn't fair that all these years, you've been lying to us, you-"

  "I never lied to anyone of you!" I defended myself a bit angry. I would never lie to them. There is a difference between lying and hiding the truth.

  “What about that one time in Willowdale, Virginia? You claimed you didn’t remember, but I know you did. The radar my scientists used on that scene picked up something extraordinary,from another world, possibly, and whatever that was, matched what we found at your high school.It didn’t take me long to put two and two together, especially with your history of causing the lights to go off.”

  "You've never asked the right questions." I remarked.

  Nick raised an eyebrow at me and nodded thoughtfully. "Okay, then. What caused the explosion at your school?"

 "I don't know." I answered, honestly.

  "You're lying."

  My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. "I am not lying! I speak the truth! If I knew what exactly caused it, I would've told you but I don't, so I can't."

  Nick eyed me carefully as if he were testing me. "Are you protecting yourself from us, by not telling us the truth?"

  I didn't answer. I was scared of what they'd do to me, but now that he said, it sounds so selfish of me...

  "Have you been hiding something big from us, something that could actually be a potential threat -to not just us, but the whole country- all these years?"

  No answer. I sat up straight, my body tensing as I felt my emotions go wild once again. Oh no...

  "Did you know what you were capable of?"

  Don't look him in the eye, I thought to myself, don't...

  "Were you the cause of that chaotic disaster? Did you mean to cause harm? Were you planning on bombing the-"

  "STOP!" I shouted, covering my ears and closing my eyes. I didn't want to hear any more of his questions. They were making me crack.  I didn't mean to cause harm and I definitely didn't plan on doing it .My eyes opened and tears immediately began to well up. I gasped as I felt it; the change stirring up inside of me...

  "I will not stop, until I unveil the truth. What is there that you don't want me to know, Astryd? I've done nothing but wait, and your time is up. You either tell me or I'll force it out of you. Does Erik know?" Nick said.

   "No," I answered, shakily under his cold, hard stare. The way he stared at me was as if I were an alien. He turned away from me and whispered something into his earpiece, so quietly and unexpected, that I didn't hear.