Part II : Chapter XXVII

Part Two : Chapter Twenty-Seven.

Phil Coulson.

                                I land at the egde of the broken window right on top of a pile of broken jagged piecies of glasses with a gasp. Alert, I roll over to my side not wanting to fall off the helicarrier and let out a fit of coughing due to the smoke. I wince and move my head around, noticing that the lab is destroyed, a big hole in the middle of it. I struggled to stand up, but managed to do it without falling, already feeling the gash in my back heal.

                                   "Steve? Thor?...Anyone?" I called out warily.

                                   "I'm over here." I heard Steve croak. My head whipped around and I saw him, on the other side of the room, standing up from all the debris that had fallen on him. I sighed in relief. At least I know he's alright. "I'm fine. What just happened?"

                                 "Loki." I mutter under my breath, eyes widening. He's already caused a distraction, his next step...

                                  "What?"

                                 "I'm sorry I need go." I say, knowing that he'll be alright. Without waiting for a reply, I dashed out of the lab fully healed. The agents who were following their protocol were a blur around me. The sound of a loud roar echoing throughout the helicarrier quickened both my heartbeat and my pace. The hulk has been unleashed.

                                I stopped at my destination a bit out of breath. Not wanting to wait for the security to grant me access to Loki's room, I clasped my hands together conjuring a blue ball of energy and roughly threw it at the door. The door melted away as soon as it came in contact with the energy and I easily made it in.

                                  "Oh, you're here." Loki says nonchalantly, grinning. "Good timing."

                                   "This was your plan all along, wasn't it?" I demanded.

                                 Loki pursed his lips thoughtfully. "Well, I was hoping you'd go off too, but  now that I think about it that dull green creature is enough."

                                 “And here I thought for a second that you didn’t come here just for my power."

                           Loki chuckled darkly, standing up in the process. He stepped forward, pausing between each step to only add more suspense to his answer. I watched him in disbelief, each step making me anxious. “I’m sorry little ‘sister’, but you are a hopeless fool.”

                                    “And you are a monster.” I seethed, tears bluring my vision. Loki froze, his smirk fading and his expression falling. I averted my gaze from him, knowing that I didn't mean it. In fact, I regretted it but he left me with nothing else to say. He hurt me and now I hurt him, but it didn't satisfy me, it made me feel worse. The ground beneath me began to vibrate and the helicarrier tilted side-ways, unbalancing me and causing me to slide and stumble to my right a litte.