Chapter Four

"Ugh! Finally, lunch!" Tom exclaims in relief, dramatically hanging onto Alex's shoulders. They had both gone through their morning classes, both teens extremely annoyed by the constant questioning from others.

Laughing at his antics, Alex drags him towards the table that Seymour had invited them to join him and his friends at. "Come on, you diva. We're almost there."

"Alex! Tom!" Seymour calls out to them with a raised hand.

Everyone else at his table looks up to see who he's calling to, Alex watches as they clearly begin to assess them. There are four teens surrounding the table, the hyperactive puppy, an Asian girl, another girl, and Mike. It's hard to tell if they anticipated that the two Brits would be joining them. But since info passes quickly through the school, they had most likely already heard of the two transfer students.

"Hey guys." Tom gives them all a smile while gesturing to two empty seats. "Mind if we sit with you guys?"

The one with dark hair and glasses shakes her head with a smile. "Not at all! I'm Angela, this is Jessica," gesturing to the blond with a massive cleavage, "you obviously know Mike, and this is-"

"-Eric." He interrupts, giving them a big smile. "It's nice seeing you two again."

Sitting down, Tom and Alex nod to everyone. "Nice to see you too, pu-Eric!" Tom stutters, catching himself mid-sentence.

At the confused look Eric gives Tom, Alex wraps an arm around his brother while giving Eric a smile. "Sorry about him, he was dropped on his head a lot-oof!" He groans, letting go of him in order to hold onto his elbowed side. "What? It's true!"

"As I was saying," Tom starts, sending him one last glare, "it's nice to meet you all, but if you don't mind Alex and I are going to go get some lunch."

Grabbing onto Alex's arm, Tom pulls out of his seat towards the food counter. Once in line and away from prying ears, Tom leans over and whispers to Alex. "So, how's the new life? Any concerns?"

Alex nods his thanks to the lunch lady for grabbing his order for him. "It's alright," he lowers his voice slightly, "let's just hope that it stays this way for a while."

"I've had to explain why we moved here once and after that everyone else seems to already know."

"Small towns, not that surprised."

After chatting about their respective days, they head back and sit down with the rest of the group. Easily falling into conversation with the others, the group discusses their hobbies, interests, and the different clubs they could join. Apparently, the football team (or "soccer", as they like to call it) is pretty good, Tom got so ecstatic about it that it's completely obvious he'll try out. Although Alex used to play soccer back in England, the Martial Arts club sounded more interesting to him. It's not very long until the main lunch doors open up, allowing a group of people to make their way through.

The Cullens.

Lunch had started a long time ago, so as soon as those doors opened up everyone turned their attention to see who was there. Glancing around his table, Alex takes notice of Mike and Eric's neutral gaze towards them while Jessica and Angela look on with hearts in their eyes. The group passes by their table, paying no mind to those around them. Each one oddly pale, sickly even, with their hair perfectly in place. It's no wonder that they are the talk of the town.

Elbowing Tom, Alex raises an eyebrow at him while rolling his eyes. Stifling a laugh, Tom nods his head and silently pretends to swoon. As soon as the group sits themselves down, everyone goes back to minding their own business. But one thing does stand out to Alex, something really odd considering the fact that it's the cafeteria.