Chapter One

Gazing out the window of the airplane while surrounded by the other sleeping passengers, Alex thinks back to how this all happened. It had started off as any other day. 

The blonde got up, showered, made himself some breakfast, and received the daily call from MI6 to speak to the bank manager about "discrepancies" in his bank file. After leaving his empty house and taking the Tube to the Bank, Alex checks in with the receptionist before taking the elevator to the head office.

Knocking on the door, he waits to be called in.

"Come in." He hears Mrs. Jones say on the other side before entering.

Alex raises an eyebrow at the sight of Mrs. Jones in Blunt's seat before closing the door behind him and taking a seat. "Mrs. Jones, does Blunt know you're in his chair?"

She gives him a small smile as she clasps her hands together on the desk. "Yes. I think you'll be pleased to know that he won't ever be using this office again."

At the confused look on his face, she reaches for her traditional bowl of mints and holds it out to the confused teen. "Mint?"

Refusing, Alex watches as she pops a mint into her mouth before continuing. "Well, earlier this week Blunt made the mistake of telling one of the higher ups about an agent that would be willing to work on a case. An agent that was not under their knowledge. He is now under the custody of said higher ups and won't ever be setting foot back in London again."

Slumped against the chair, Alex feels a sense of relief wash over him. "Really?" Sitting up a bit, he furrowed his eyebrows. "Do I still have to work for MI6?"

Shaking her head, Jones gives him a kind smile. "No, the higher ups made it very clear that you were to live the normal life that you deserved." If it weren't for Alex's keen eyesight, he never would have noticed the unmistakable grin on her face. "Not without some sort of payment and protection involved for you of course." She reaches into a drawer and places a file out for me on her desk. "Here, a brief summary of what to expect."

Grabbing it, Alex leans back and skims through it.

_____________________

Name: Alex Rider

Age: 16

DOB: February 13, 1987

Family: John Rider: Father (Deceased); Helena Rider: Mother (Deceased); Ian Rider: Uncle (Deceased); Jack Starbright: Guardian (Deceased)

Abilities: Scuba Diving, Judo, Kendo, Sky Diving, Shooting

Languages: English, French, German, Mandarin

Training: MI6, Brecon Beacons, Scorpia

Current Employer: Mrs. Jones (MI6)

Current Status:

Alex Rider, agent of MI6, will be given the option to leave current employer in pursuits of a civilian lifestyle. If Mr. Rider wishes to agree he will be relocated to Forks, Washington in the United States of America under the care of Charlie Swan, code name Eagle, of K-Unit. Mr. Rider will reside there until the age of 18 where he is free to do as he wishes with the remainder of his life without any influence of MI6 unless in need of help.

Mr. Rider will be able to contact Mrs. Jones and anyone else she deems worthy for updates and support. According to relocation regulations, Alex Rider will be given a new identity (found on second page of file). If MI6 fails to do so then they will be persecuted under the Queen's orders and will result in immediate termination of higher officials.