Chapter Two

Waiting down at baggage claim with Tom, Alex watches as he struggles to fight the jet lag. His head keeps falling forward, only for him to jerk his head back when he realizes what's happened. Chuckling, Alex pats him on the back, waking him up even more.

"Come on, Tom. We just landed, try to stay awake until we get back to the house." He teases, earning a glare.

Not many people are by baggage claim, mainly because we were one of the first people to get off. There's a young couple standing together on one side, a mom and her toddler sitting on a bench, a man in a business suit, and a college student listening to music with headphones.

Although young spy had left the game, it seems the spy game hadn't left him.

He's snapped out of his stupor when a fresh wave of luggage makes its way over on the conveyor belt. Keeping an eye out for it, Alex finally spot theirs as the ones in the middle. Grabbing it before it can go down any further, he turns to Tom and tosses him his, startling him since he almost fell asleep again.

"Gah!" Tom exclaims, flailing his arms in an attempt to catch it. When he catches, he gives his friend a glare, ignoring Alex's uncontrollable laughter. "Not cool, Al!"

Struggling to calm down, Alex just shakes his head while holding his stomach. "Hahaha! I-I'm sorry! I just couldn't help it!"

Rolling his eyes, Tom drops the bag on the ground. "Alright, come on. Let's go, your uncle is waiting for us."

Agreeing, the two walk to the other side of the airport, going through security checkpoints along the way, even stopping to grab a pretzel for Tom. Apparently, the airplane food couldn't, and quote, "satisfy his teenage metabolism".

Chewing on his food Tom gestures up ahead to the airport entrance. "So, do you know what our guardian looks like?"

The ex-spy looks around at a couple of people waiting by the gate. "I met him and his unit at camp, they were the group I stayed with at the time." He walks back over to Tom. "We didn't really talk much, but he seemed-"

"Hey!" Tom yells, startling Alex enough to look over at him.

A man with a black cap and coat struggles to take Tom's luggage from him. Body shoving Tom over, the man makes a dash to the exit with his stuff. Without even thinking about, Alex immediately leaves his items with Tom and sprints after him. Shoving people out of the way as he exits the airport and onto the front steps, the man glances over his shoulder, his second mistake.

His first mistake was messing with an ex-spy and his brother.

Lunging forward, Alex tackles the man to the ground, pinning his arm behind his back as he straddles his sides. Pushing his face down with his other hand, Alex holds him in place despite his struggling. "Not the best idea now, was this?"

He hears someone coming up behind him, looking back Alex give a grin to Tom as he stumbles over to them with their luggage. Dropping the bag next the stolen one, he places his hands on his knees, gasping for breath. "Geeze, man. Ha....We're in America for barely an hour....and we already got mugged?" He struggles to yell.

By now they've gathered a crowd of people near the entrance. Looking around, Alex tries to find an officer when a familiar voice interrupts his. "Hey there, Cub. I see you're handling yourself well."

A smile breaking out, Alex lets out a chuckle. "Hey there, Eagle." Seeing some officers coming his way, Alex gets up and hands the man off to them. "And I see that your country is ready to welcome us." He says before turning around towards his old friend.

Rolling his eyes, Eagle gives him a pat on the back. "Not everyone has time to drink tea." Turning to Tom who's recovered from his sprinting, he nods and holds a hand out to him. "Nice to meet you, you must be Tom. I'm Eagle, but you two should probably get used to calling me Charlie in public."