Chapter Fifty-Two: Bad Day

Comincia dall'inizio

"I'm going to run," I say simply to her as I hold onto the door. "Rider come," I direct and can hear the sound of Rider climbing out of her car, until he brushes my leg sitting down. Reaching out I take his handle, attached to his harness, into my right hand.

"You... run?" Juliet's voice asks me in a very shocked tone. I smile because to me her knowing I run is like her being able to see the person I was before I was shot.

"Yeah," I say proudly as I manage to step round to the back side of the door and shut it.

"How?" she asks as I decide to take a step forward before stopping, realizing I do not exactly know where Juliet is parked, so I am not sure what way to go.

"Conner has helped me and Payton inspired me," I say simply as I shut my eyes looking around hoping something would tell me which way to go. Releasing a long sigh I run my left hand through my hair. "Can you help me get to the track?" I ask her hoping my tone shows her I am not pleased with having to ask for help, which always has came as a struggle for me.

"Of course," she says kindness etched in her voice as I feel her arm slip through my left one that is now hanging by my side.

She leads me along with her and I remain silent not really wanting to talk. Today is one of those days that I hate being blind and cannot help but see it as the horrible thing that is killing me. I want to see. I want my old life back with the addition of Payton. I want my crazy, bickering family back. I want the ability to play again and make people proud of me. I wish this had never happen to me. Today I am struggling to see the up side because the down sides are filling my head. I want to be able to have sex if I want to or at least know it is possible to do that. I want to not have to ask for help. I want to be the one to take care of Payton and do everything for her, rather than weight her down.

"You're on the track," Juliet says as she with draws her arm from mine and I sigh.

"Thank you," I say as I attempt to shut out my thoughts.

"You're welcome. I'm going to go sit on the bleachers," Juliet says and I nod my head letting her know it is okay.

Listening to her leave I begin to walk and slowly start run. As me legs start moving faster my mind begins to dance away into my thoughts. Tomorrow I find out if I'll ever be able to see again. I hope so badly that I can. If the doctor gives me any chances to see again I will probably take them, I will do just about anything to be able to see the life I'm living.

I push my legs harder as I hear the thumping of my heart be in my ears. if I can't see again I don't know how I will make it through life. Eventually Payton will get so sick and tired of always having to take care of me and help me and will leave. I can already think of the haunting thought of waking up one morning to and empty bed and a tape recording of Payton's voice telling me she fell out of love with me because being with me was too much work. I can see it happening and I can see my life fall to part after that. Life without my angel would be like a disaster.

I keep pushing my legs harder and harder releasing my frustration. This is the fastest I have ran sine losing the ability to see and I can flying. Suddenly, I feel it all stop and instead the force sending me to the ground and my head banging off of the track, the blackness shakes but remains black. A killer headache strikes through my skull causing me to groan. When I feel like I can finally move again I lightly roll over to my back and feel a dog breathing on me.

"Oh my gosh! Reece are you okay?" Juliet screams as I can hear her racing over to me. I reach my arm out slowly to Rider and pet him because I can feel the change in his attitude. "Reece, Reece," Juliet demands now at my side and I groan as my forehead stings.