Chapter 6

"Be careful Dan, Your hearts eyes are showing. Oh and you hurt him, you die. Not even sorry bout it." He winked at me and left to go clock in. I stared after him and grimaced. I had a feeling he packed a bigger punch than he seemed.  

Phil's POV

I walk into the back to finish getting the liquor to stock the bar with. I get back there, make sure no one can see me and I give a small squeal of excitement. "Dan is gay! A guy I'm interested in is actually GAY!"  I giggle a little bit and continue to fangirl slightly when I hear the sound of someone clearing their throat behind me. I see Tyler standing in the doorway with his arms crossed over his chest and an amused look in his face.  I blush furiously at being caught and stammer an excuse

"I-uh well i was just getting the liquor and uh- well I remembered that we have enough for a while and I um don't have to order any soon...yea so I was excited" I scratch the back of my head and chuckled nervously. he gives me a knowing look then rolls his eyes.

"yea OK Phil. whatever you say." he smirked "just hurry up its almost time to open." he walked out leaving me blushing from ear to hear. I quickly finished what i came in the room to do, opened the bar and prepared to tend bar for a few hours. I was wiping down the bar when I heard the piano start up. 

I looked towards the sound and was soon mesmerized by the beautiful melody. My eyes drifted to Dan's face, he looked so peaceful. 'its like he is in another world all his own'  I thought to myself. I listened  as he played with confidence. His eyes shut as he played by memory, beautifully and with no hesitation. As the song comes to a close the few customers we have at this point, Tyler, and l all clap. Dan comes out of his music induced daze and blushes when he notices the applause. he quickly stands up and bows awkwardly before he walked over to the end of the bar and sat down. I fixed him a glass of water and handed it to him. he smiled a small thank you and took a sip.

"Dan, that was amazing," He blushed as I praised him, "I knew I hired the right person to play for my pub!" I gave him a big smile and patted him on his head. he gave me a slight pout and a pink tint on his cheeks.'he is so cuteee'  I though to myself.

"Thanks, Phil but it wasn't all that great. I messed up that last verse I was so nervous," he looked away probably feeling shy because he wasn't used to being supported like this. 

"No really, Dan, it was fantastic! you looked so calm and happy it was perfect." i smiled at him as i said this and he reciprocated the gesture. 

"thank you, Phil. That really means a lot." his cheeks had a pink tint as he went back to drinking his water. after a few minutes he opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by a customer calling me from the other side of the bar. 

"sorry Dan, I'll talk to you in a bit." I smiled apologetically and he nodded with a small smile in return.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~timelapse~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day continued smoothly and before I knew it we were closing up. 'Dan played really great today and he made alot of tips'  I smiled to myself happy this was going to work out great as I though it would. The Pianist waved as he was about to leave when Tyler spoke up.

"I'll close up Phil. You did it last time." he smiled and mouthed for me to walk home with Dan. I blushed at what he was trying to do but appreciated it nonetheless.

"thanks Ty, i appreciate it." I grabbed my coat and walked towards Dan. "wanna walk together?" I asked hopeful he would say yes. he smiled widely at me and nodded

"yea sounds great. You're apartment is on the way to mine anyway" he opened the door for me and we both called a goodbye to Tyler. The walk was relatively quiet so I decided to strike up a conversation.

"so where did you work before my bar, Dan?" I looked over at him curiously. he winced at the question and sighed. 

"I worked at a relatively nice restaurant across town. I actually got fired from there." he looked very nervous as he spoke, "Don't get me wrong I wasn't fired for anything I did wrong. My boss was a giant homophobic ass and he found out I was gay and well I'm sure you can guess the rest" he watched the ground with a bit of a saddened look on his face.

"well, for what it's worth, I'm glad he fired you." he snapped his head up shocked at my words, "because if he hadn't we would have never met and you wouldn't have worked for me in my bar." I smiled brightly at him and he returned it with a particularly bright smile of his own. 

"Me to, Phil." he said softly, " Me too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HAIII! Oh my goshies I missed you peeps. My computer had some gnarly viruses from before I got it. and it was slow AF! so I got it wiped clean and put some virus protection on it and its like 1 million times faster

I AM SOOO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG!!..... between losing power for 10 days and getting ready for school to start its been a night mare. I think I'm gong to do this story in Mostly Dan's POV. I'll do some Phil ones but for some reason its easier to Write as Dan to me I PROMISE IT WONT TAKE THIS LONG NEXT TIME! i have a few chapters already written so i just have some edits to do! 
I LOVE YOUR FACESSS :*