Čhańté Wašté

The secret has been revealed not only to Armin, but to their friends as well. Annie was pregnant.

Her mind was also still processing her growing belly. Although it was still small, she could feel the bit of life getting bigger inside of her. All of this was so new to both of the parents. The stages of cravings, mood swings, and body changes.

Currently being 2 months with a child in September was a great thing. Hanji would always stop by to check the developing baby. She was free this whole month and would devote her research to Annie's pregnancy. This was also due to her ability to transform into a titan. So the precaution was set high.

"Well, there is no signs of any problems so far. But, I'll give a medication to help regulate the development." Hanji grabbed a container of pills from her bag and placed them in Annie's hands. "It should help."

Annie stared at the medication. "Thanks." She muttered.

Hanji may be dense at times but she could see the depression the young mother was in. Constant worrying about her unborn child. "Annie. I understand."

"How?"

The scientist took a seat next to her. "Well. We're both mothers. I have my 3 year old daughter and 2 year old son at home. They had me constantly worried. But, I got through it. And I believe you can. Being a mom isn't easy, then again, it's not hard either. A primal instinct. Enjoy this as much as you can, Annie." Hanji patted her shoulder and left the house.

Hanji is someone to look up to. She has Zoe and Liam now. Two kids, that are beautiful and well grown. Well, 2 and 3 year olds. I should trust her words. Annie took a deep breathe and gathered her thoughts. "I shouldn't be stressed over this."

Standing up with a whole new different mindset. The process of carrying a child was a bit tiring. It took a tole on her body and often caused her to be in pain. Which was odd since she hasn't been pregnant for long.

"Annie!" Armin was back from overtime. He's been in charge of the paperwork and multiple documents for the Survey Corps since his promotion. "I'm home."

She put the medication in the cabinet above the sink. "Boring as usual?"

He sighed while throwing himself on the couch. "You know I don't think of it as boring. It's pretty fun."

"That's what you think." Annie replied. "Personally, it is pretty boring to sit around all day and do paperwork."

Armin noticed that she was eating butter?

He stood up to see that she just grabbed a spoonful and ate more. "Annie? You.. Are you eating butter??"

She looked up skeptically. "...yes."

Armin shook his head from the thought. "Anyway, how did your checkup with Hanji go?" He leaned against the counter to face her.

"Good."

He was grabbing some bread and stopped when almost grabbing the butter. "That's it? Just, 'good'?"

"Yeah. All I got was some vitamins to help me and the baby stay healthy." Annie shrugged then took another scoop of butter. "Nothing's wrong so far."

Armin sighed while spreading the butter on his bread. Unlike his wife who is just eating scoops of the golden substance. "That's good to hear."

This still had Annie worried. Even if she would enjoy this as much as she could, it still hurt that she was going to lose it. The attachment between mother and child will be broken. Both to never see each other.

Both parents sat in silence when Annie spoke up. "..I'm scared."

Armin barely heard her whisper in the room. But, enough for him to reply. "Don't be. I'm always by your side." He smiled at her. "Always have been."

She returned the grin. "Yeah. And it gets very annoying at times." Annie joked.

"Aww! Don't be like the guys already!" His cheeks puffed out as he pouted at her comment. "It's bad enough that they call me the wife of our marriage."

Annie laughed before wrapping her arm over his shoulders. "Well, you're not the one carrying the child, are you?"

He put his hand on her abdomen. "But, still.. It must be wonderful. To have the ability to conceive a living being."

Annie kissed the top of his head. "I'm glad that you look at it that way."

The atmosphere around them was peaceful until a knock at the door was heard.

Armin stood up from the counter with a worrisome face. "Who would be up at this time of night? We were just about to do our nightly facials."

"Okay, saying things like that makes everyone think you're the chick." Annie often wondered about Armin and his ways. "And besides, you're the only who does them."

He walked to the front door. "Annie. I have told you numerous times that a healthy body, is a happy baby." Armin opened the door to the last person he wanted to see today.

"Then why do you put on the facials?" Eren smirked.

Armin stuttered. "W-Well.. U-Uh.. Do you know how hard it is to maintain a decent baby face?!"

"Riiiight.." Eren walked in and seen Annie eating butter. "Should I ask?"

The blonde shook his head.

"Pregnancy stuff?"

"Pretty much." Armin shrugged. "Last week was nothing but grapes. She can't eat a whole vine under 20 seconds."

Eren chuckled. "I bet she could rival Sasha in this state."

"Definitely. So, not that I don't enjoy you're wonderful presence, what are you doing here?" Armin replied.

The titan shifter scratched the back of his head with a sheepish smile. "Well.. I kind of pissed off Mikasa and she kicked me out for the night. So.. I was wondering if I could crash here tonight?"

"Eren. You always do this to her. Why must you be a nuisance?" He rubbed his temples. "Fine. You know where everything is."

Annie heard about their visitor. "We're not covering for you this time Eren." She said while grabbing her butter and standing next to Armin. "We don't need a lovers' quarrel at 3 in the morning again."

Eren chuckled again. "Right... Oh! And Annie?"

Both of the blondes turned around as they were about to turn in for the night.

He smiled at her. "Don't worry. I think you're a great mom!"

"Why's that?" She asked.

"Because you have a good heart."

.

A/N: In case you guys don't know, "Čhańté Wašté" means 'Good Heart' in Lakota.