End of school, beginning of summer

[Pic is of Samantha Green (Lilly Colins) ]

Bring bring
As the bell for the final period of the day rang I heard many students cheer and scurry out of the classroom to begin to fulfill their summer plans. I was the one, sitting at my desk waiting until the crowd dies down. The last thing I need is to get caught in the parade and be late for the drive. Sure, I would be a little late waiting for the crowd to diminish but it is nothing compared to the horror of getting to my locker when everyone else is trying to get to theirs.

I heard the noise produced from the school erupting dial down. I picked up my school bag that I carry everywhere filled with my binders and notes, and started to exit the classroom until I was caught by Misses Broden. "Have a nice summer Samantha!" She said cheerfully. I gave her a smile and waved "You too Misses Broden!". As I waved off the teacher and exited the classroom, I was surprised to find the hallways almost empty with just a few scattered papers rolling around. I walked to my locker, grabbed all my stuff and hurried along to catch my ride. Many of the students had the same idea, as I saw many of them try to cram themselves in the back of a truck, clearly on their way to the beach.
I, although, had other plans. My plans were to spend as much time as possible with Cinnabar training for the many horse shows throughout the summer and the Grand Prix in August.

As I walk around looking for my ride, I spot Hunter Smith, one of the cowboy barn hands from the barn. My dad probably couldn't pick me up and told Hunter to. I approach him in his truck. "Hunter right?" I ask. "Yes. And you must be Samantha Green." He says with a quick flash of his smile. I nod. "Your dad told me to pick you up. Hop in! We just have to pick up a and trailer from my old barn and then we will head to Cherrywood. Sound good?" He asks. I nod, stepping into the truck while sweeping my dark brown hair out of my face. "Yeah that's fine. I'm just glad I get a relaxing ride without my dad, mom or trainer pestering me with how Cinnabar is doing or if I'm ready for the Grand Prix in a few months." I say with a small smile. I didn't think Hunter had noticed it. That is until he smiled back. "So who are we getting?" I said quickly to change the subject. "Dakota. He's my horse. The stable manager said I could keep him at Cherrywood so I could spend more time at the barn and less at my place with Dakota." He responded while keeping an eye on the road. "Cool." I whispered looking out the window. I felt eyes beating on me. As I looked at Hunter, sure enough his eyes were scaling over me. "What?" I smiled at him. "Nothing... I just can't believe how different you are from your family." He chuckles "You're so... Chill" he chuckles. I thought about it. He was kind of right. I was nothing at all similar to my family nor my siblings. In the world of show jumping and competing, winning is everything, it's all I've ever known. But I see more aspects to the horse compared to my father. He sees a prized possession that can make him money. I see an animal that is willing to work with their rider. "Hello? Earth to Samantha?" He chuckles while waving a hand in front of my face. I'm snapped out of my thoughts as we pull into a driveway.
I gasp at the site. "Woah." I whisper.
This is going to be fun.

[Author's note]
Hey my name is Julia! I hope you guys are enjoying the book so far! Don't worry it will get fun and romance will start brewing! Pooh *raises eyebrows in a suggestive manner* please comment ideas or what you want to see! We will get to meet the horses and more characters and the family! Hope you enjoy!!