Chapter 3-The One That Despises Me

"Where the hell are you going so early?" mumbled a tired Valerie, as Bethany tried her hardest to sneak out of the hotel room without waking anyone.

Obviously, that didn't work.

"Out for a jog," replied Bethany.

"I don't know why you're up for running this early, especially with all the music video stuff you have to do today," she mumbled.

"Whatever, now go back to bed," Bethany whispered before she grabbed her water bottle and left the room.

Bethany checked her phone for the time. It was almost 8:00 in the morning.

Bethany loved jogging. Especially early morning jogs. She just loved starting her day with a nice run, and some fresh air. Not to mention, running did clear her mind, especially when she was as stressed and nervous as she was.

She stepped out of the elevator, and made her way through the lobby to get outside. Bethany then placed her headphones on her ears, going through the songs on her BlackBerry. Once she'd settled on Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran, she cranked up the volume, and began softly humming to the song

But then, Bethany felt someone tapping on her shoulder.

She looked over to see Louis, in navy blue jogging pants and a fitted white muscle shirt. Bethany pulled off her headphones, so she could talk to him.

"Hey, Louis! Are you stalking me or something?" Bethany joked.

"Hey Bethany, and nawh I actually do early morning runs too," Louis explained.

"You run?"

"Yeah, I love jogging in the morning. Plus, the boys always tell me that I'm getting fat, and need to start doing more exercise."

Bethany laughed, and snuck a quick glance at Louis' chiseled abbs that showed through his muscle shirt. She felt the heat rise to her cheeks, as she looked away quickly.

"Checking me out?" Louis asked cockily.

"You wish!" Bethany exclaimed.

"Oh come on, I caught you looking at my six pack!" he said with a sly grin on his face.

"Puh-lease! I have a better six pack than you could ever dream of having!" Bethany replied, laughing.

"No you don't!"

"Yes I do!"

"Prove it!" Louis exclaimed as Bethany raised her t-shirt enough to show her tanned stomach and washboard abbs. Nothing more, nothing less!

Louis' jaw dropped and Bethany noticed a pink flush in his cheeks. Bethany giggled, and pulled her shirt back down.

"You're more of a dude than I am!" Louis said, earning a playful smack on the arm from Bethany.

"Whatever," she mumbled, shyly.

"So, anyways, mind if I join you?" he asked.

"No of course! Some company would be nice actually," Bethany replied sweetly, as they began jogging on the side walk.

**********

Bethany and Louis had been out jogging for almost an hour, and they decided to go to Starbucks before heading back to the hotel. But before that, they wanted to have a little friendly competition...

They would race from one end to the other of the sidewalk. Since they were both pretty worn out from the jog, they didn't really know what to expect.