Chapter 19 - I Meant Every Word

"Ok, have we decided on the gameplay for feeding?" The nurse asks the room at large. I have no idea what she is talking about and I can tell Maria and Aaron are confused too.

"Breastfeeding? Pumping breast milk or just formula?" She throws out options. "Obviously it's recommended that the baby gets breast milk but I know this is a different arrangement so...at least the first couples times so they get the colostrum, it's packed full of nutrients and anti-bodies. Mothers first gift, they say."

"I think, if Willow is ok with it, we can breast feed a few times and then go to the breast milk being pumped?" She looks at me.

"Uh sure. You'll have to show me what to do." I guess I never thought about that part. I always imagined I'd have the babies and hand them over, dust off my hands and stand back and watch them grow from the sidelines.

Aaron hands me the first baby and the nurse shows me how to latch him on and I feel a weird tingly feeling.

"You're going to feel the 'let-down' of your milk. Just like that. Good! " Maria is leading down at this process and Aaron has his back turned with his hands over his eyes. I'm laughing at him until the baby tugs at my nipple.

"Ouch ya little monster go easy on me. This is new to me too!" Maria is smiling huge down at her minion. Soon he's exhausted from mauling me and he's being swapped out for the next baby. This one is put to my other breast and he's much gentler.

"This one is my favorite. Put a mark on his foot so I'll know. Have we decided on names yet?"

"Yeah. Maximus Scott for the other baby. Xavier Scott for this little guy."

"Scott?" I know what they have done and I'm amazed.

"Yeah. You gave us them so we are giving them a piece of you. Fitting, don't you think?" Xavier is done nursing so I hand him off to his momma.

"I love you, Maria." I'm full of emotion and thankfulness.

"Love you too, honey."

Aaron and Maria leave to take the babies to their nursery and shortly after the doctor leaves. The nurse goes over some paperwork with me and gives me instructions on after care and to call with any questions. Another nurse would be out in a few hours for some other stuff but soon it's just me and Zak.

"I'm so proud of you." He says as we lie next to each other. I've been given a painkiller and am very warm and fuzzy.

"Did you mean it?" I ask. I'm afraid for the wrong answer but I want to clear the air too.

"Did you? You were pretty comfortable with that Will guy."

"He kissed me but I stopped him. You already owned my heart. Regardless that I thought it wouldn't happen, I just couldn't do it."

"I meant every word. I went to Blanka and ended our agreement and when I got back Will was with you. It tore me apart. I left to clear my head but determined not to let you slip through my fingers and that's when I came back to the scene with Blanka. I'm sorry she did that. I knew she wasn't a nice person but I didn't know she would do that."

"I meant it to, I love you." I say and stroke my hand down his face. He kisses my palm.

"Good. I love you too. Have for awhile but I felt I was stuck. I realized that you are truly an amazing woman and if you wanted me I would be crazy to let you go."

"So what happens now?" I'm getting extremely drowsy and feel my eyes closing without my permission.

"We begin our life together. We love each other, we get married and we get you pregnant and live happily ever after."

"So bossy." I love this man.