Chapter 13 - No Chance At All

After I dry up my tears and actually get closer to the tub to check it out I go and get Maria and Aaron.

They haven't seen it either.

Zak kept them away from here and wanted it to be a surprise to them as well. I didn't even realize there were couches and recliners there too. So they could be with me when the time came too.

There is an additional room that has an ultrasound machine and exam table.

Apparently rich people can afford their own.

"Only if you are ok with that." Maria quickly adds about being with me during the birth.

"I'm fine with you being there but I might want Aaron to stay back during some of the less modest times."

"I'm totally ok with that!" Aaron agrees with a laugh and a blush.

Zak is frowning. Either from the thought of not being asked to be there or that I will have to be naked in front of others in order to gift them with their children, I don't know.

I hop onto the bed and lean back while Aaron and Maria check out the huge tub. Aaron insists he will have to fill it up and give it a test run before it's time and we laugh. He's actually in the thing sitting on the ledge.

"If you can't find me, just look right here and I'll be test driving this!"

"This bed is fantastic." I say on a sigh. "It wraps me up in clouds and cradles me. I may not leave it ever."

"The other bed is exactly the same, Willow."

I prop my head up and say, "Really? Gosh. I should have gotten knocked up a longtime ago. Maybe I'll quit modeling and become a professional brood mare. I could get use to all this pampering."

Maria is laughing loudly at my silliness.

Thunderclouds have taken over Zak's face.

"Oh, give it a rest, Boss. This is a happy occasion, don't spoil it with your bad mood."

He actually makes it a point to be pleasant and it's nice.

I don't like that we fight all the time.

Well, we don't fight exactly. He bosses me around and I yell at him.

"If you want to get changed the doctor will be here in about 40 minutes." He informs all of us.

"Doctor?" I'm confused. This wasn't on my schedule.

"A post flight check up."

"Zak! I'm fine! Isn't this breaking some sort of HIPAA law?! You can't make appointments for me for no good reason."

"We don't have those laws here so get moving. You say no good reason, I say two living beings are sufficient reason. Indulge me."

"Can I make dinner tonight?" I ask sweetly and off subject.

"No, why?"

"Because I'd like to indulge you with some spaghetti sprinkled with rat poison!" I screech and I stalk from the room and slam my door.

I get even more angry when I realized my luggage hasn't been delivered and I have absolutely nothing to do but wait. And wait.

Giving up I rip the door open and come face to face with a smirking arrogant jerk. Who also happened to have my luggage at his feet. When I reached for the handles he quickly picks them up and sets them on my bed.

"I'll leave you to your tantrum. We will meet you in the birthing room." He sounds way too amused as he leaves for my liking.

After an exam and another ultrasound. A 3D ultrasound, I might add, I'm deemed fit as a fiddle.