Chapter 11 - Just Enjoy

Appointment Day.

Zak picked up the expectant parents at the airport and then returns then to my condo. I mentally remind myself to let him know that they will be in my spare room and if he stays, he's sleeping on the couch.

We leave and go to the clinic. We get checked in and settle into the waiting room. Zak keeps grabbing my hand and I keep taking it back. What's he so nervous for?

A nurse calls my name and we all follow her to a dark room. It's different from the other rooms. They get settled while I go to a separate room to give a urine sample. I can feel my face getting hot from my blush as I return and hand off the cup.

I'm instructed to lay down and they listen to the heartbeats again.

"The heartbeats are just where we expect at this point. Now the fun part." The nurse says as she set me up for the ultrasound.

Maria is in a chair next to me, Aaron is behind her with his hands on her shoulders and Zak has placed himself at the top of the exam table. All eyes are glued to the black and white monitor.

"It's going to be hard for you to tell what we are looking at but I'll point it out as we go."
The nurse explains. Basically it looks like two little blobs but you can see them expand with their heartbeats. The blobs are beautiful.

"It's too early to tell gender but everything looks great. Healthy and growing."  She takes some snapshots and records measurements of their heads and torsos. She prints of several photos and tries to hand them to me but I point at Maria.

"That's mommy. Those are hers." Maria is openly weeping and I see the nurse print out another set.

"You can have a copy too." Great, now I'm crying. The pictures make it so much more real.

We check out and finalize everything to be sent over to the doctor chosen in Greece to take over our care and we head back to my place. The guys don't utter a word. Maria and Aaron keep staring at the ultrasound pictures and Zak is staring out the window with a pensive look on his handsome features.

Back at the house Zak takes over by telling me they all are staying with me until the move, which is in 4 days. He also tells us we will all fly back together on his plane. If I had something sharp nearby I would have thrown it at him.

I've been in a snit ever since this morning when he was my shadow the entire time I was getting sick. I haven't had more than a few minutes of privacy since he arrived. I almost feel smothered and his bossiness isn't helping. I'm too proud to admit it would be nice to fly on a luxury liner instead of in a crammed international commercial flight.
I stomp off to go take a bath and lock the door this time. Everything but my face is submerged and I'm half way to sleep when I hear Zak's voice. My eyes pop open and he is standing over me with his hands on his hips.

Obviously I couldn't make out what he was saying since my ears are under water and I glare at him. How did he get in?

I sit up but attempt to cover my ginormous breasts.

"How'd you get in? Can I not have a minute to myself? This is getting ridiculous."

"I used a paper clip. Those locks are a joke. Nice try. I came in to tell you, you're not supposed to take baths. They can be too hot for the babies. I bought a book."

"What!?!  You're nuts. Get out! I mean it Zak!"

"Willow, this is serious. You have to get out of the tub."

"Go back and read it again, moron. We can't take HOT baths. This isn't hot. I'm not an idiot. Newsflash: I have a book too."

"Oh."

"Yeah, oh. Get. Out."  He just stands there.

I snap and with a shriek I cup my hand and send water towards him, soaking the front of his shirt. He looks stunned at me and then starts laughing hard. That gets him more splashes, I'm so angry.

"You're making a huge mess, Willow."

The jerk has the nerve to push me forward in the bath and gets in with me. Fully clothed!

"You're insane. A whack job. A danger to society. Get out of my tub! Stop touching me. Zak! Get your hands off of my- mmmmm."

He palms are massaging my swollen and tender breasts and it feels amazing.

"Ok, I will allow that because it feels amazing and I deserve amazing but then you have to get out."

"Mmmhmm." He agrees. He so doesn't agree.

"Jerk."

"You're quit the name caller today." He comments teasingly.

"Ass." I just keep adding to it.

"It's probably just he hormones. I read-" he stops when I give him a sharp elbow jab to the gut. "Oof"

"Did you read the part where you should keep silent and not aggravate the pregnant woman?"

"I haven't gotten to that part yet. What chapter is it in?" He's massaging one breast and running my slightly rounded stomach with the other. I haven't forgotten how silly this was since he has his clothes on. I also would die before admitting it was nice.

"It's in the chapter where they warn you of the murderous rampages that can occur when the pregnant woman gets smothered and bossed around."

"I'll highlight the entire chapter, if I find it."

"Punk."

"I don't think I've ever been called a punk before." His hand is dipping lower.

"You're welcome then. Plus, I'm running out of names for you."

"How about darling?"

"I'm not English. I always envision an English accent when I think about the endearment darling."

"Love?"

"I don't love you."

"Ouch. Ok. How about honey?"

"You said I taste like honey so I couldn't give that to you. It's mine. Don't you remember?"

He growls low and says, "Of course, I remember. I've craved that taste ever since."

He gets another jab. His fingers toy with me and the air leaves my body. I sink back into him and close my eyes. I feel myself give up. I don't have it into me to fight him anymore. I want him too bad and for the moment I'm going to enjoy his ministrations. I try to wedge my hand between us but he doesn't let me.

"No. This is all for you. Just enjoy."