Chapter 10 ~ Far From A Fair Fight

Zak won't leave. I tell him Maria will be here in 3 days and he refuses to budge.

"Someone needs to be here to ensure your safety and well being. I will be here until I feel you are taken care of."

We are sitting on my balcony watching the sun dip low in the sky. He's drinking wine and I'm sipping water. He's completely lost his mind.

Zak called an agency and there is a chef in my kitchen preparing a 'nutritious meal'.

Apparently the chef will be with us for the foreseeable future. Or until he leaves and I can politely send the chef packing. I'm picking my battles.

"Zak, I'm fine. These babies won't suddenly disappear if you leave, I promise. I'm not even showing yet!" I've laughed more times I the last few hours than I have in months. I can't help it. He's totally over the top. My laughter dies when I suddenly think about how he will act when Blank conceives his child or children.

"What puts such sadness in your eyes, love?"

"What about Blanka. How will you explain this to her. Why you are escorting another woman around? Be sensible. This won't work for you. Can't you see that?"

He looks uncertain but replies, "I'll worry about that later. This is important. Don't give it another thought."

I can't promise that so I just nod and drop the subject.

At dinner I realize it's going to be much harder for me to give up the chef than I thought. Judging by the smirk on Zak's mouth, he knows what I'm thinking.

"Ass." I mutter under my breath.

"What was that?" His eyes are full of mirth now.

"You're an ass. I don't think anyone is bold enough to tell you that so I thought you should know."

"I just know when I'm right. Let me have this victory."

"Hmm." I say with pursed lips and I dig in to my meal.

Zak calls Aaron after dinner and just as I suspect, my phone rings and it's Maria.

"I'm so sorry. I had no idea he overheard us. How are things?"

"Besides him taking over my life? Or the fact he won't leave? Can you bump up your flight to right now? I need backup like yesterday." She laughs.

"Well, at least it's all out in the open. Who knew he'd be so protective? An attractive quality, I should point out."

"Sure, if I thought he could be a potential partner but don't forget he's not meant to be mine. Don't get your hopes up where there is no hope." I warn. She gets quiet.

"You're right. It just a sucks ya know? I will point out that I don't think there is anything wrong with maybe jumping his bones in the meantime."

"Ha! The last thing I need right now, thank you. That will just cloud the water even more. Not gonna happen."

Even as I say the words my eyes are going to Zak as he speaks to Aaron on his phone. His eyes catch mine and he gives me a 'what' expression. I shake my head and go back to my conversation.

"Ok, so we have the one appointment and then we should be clear to relocate this operation."

"Yes. I'm so excited. I was a little disappointed when I heard Zak took over the house search but he's people will probably find something better."

"If it keeps him distracted then let him." I mumble.

"Ha. Yeah. Ok, sweet cheeks. I'll see you in a couple days."

We disconnect and since Zak is still talking on the phone, I escape to my room and get in the shower. I'm washing my face when I feel a breeze and then warm arms around me. No. This isn't happening. I don't think so!

"Out, Zak. This isn't going to happen."

"I can't stop myself." He rasps out against my skin.

"Then I will stop you. Get out."

"No." He says simply.

"Grrrr." I growl as I turn around to yell at him. He takes my mouth and it's like coming home. His hands slide down my body to my rear and he's pressing me into him. He's feels so damned good.

His hardness to my softness.

I return his kiss with all the pent up energy I've stored since our last. I've missed this so much and I've accepted that I'd never get it back.

"I've missed you."

"Stop talking." I clip out and then kiss him again. I'm caress him all over and then I have my hands between us holding him in my palm. He flexes his hips to slide himself back and forth in my hand. That doesn't last very long and he lifts me up and presses me against the cool tile wall and slides into me.

It's been too long since our last encounter and it feels amazing. He's so gently with me its driving me insane but I can't get him to pick up the pace. When he moves his mouth to my shoulder I beg him to go faster but he doesn't listen. He slowly builds me up and pushes me over the edge and follows me over.

It takes a minute before he slowly lowers my legs back to the shower floor and then he takes over the shower and cleans me and conditions my hair. I reciprocate and clean him up. He turns the water off and I get out and hand him a towel of his own.

"Nothing has changed." I say to clear the air.

"Everything has changed."

I don't believe him. The big picture hasn't changed so the little ones don't matter.

Instead of answering I finish toweling off and go to my room to change. He catches me in my walk in closet and he pulls me back to him before I can select anything to wear to bed.

Too late, I realize all my sleeping clothes are in the armoire in my room.

He's got me that frazzled.

It doesn't seem to matter because he carries me to the bed and arranges us in it so I'm cuddled into him.

"Can I be allowed to attend the next appointment?"

"Sure why not. Maybe I'll invite your chef too. And my agent. I'll have a proper entourage."

"Don't be like that. I want to be part of this. I just don't want to over step."

"You've been overstepping this whole time, Zak. So why stop now?"

I'm all of a sudden cranky and I don't know if I'm far enough along to blame it on hormones yet. I'm pretty sure it's just him and this impossible situation he's putting me in.

"Don't you realize that the more you are involved, the harder it will be when you go back to Blanka? Is that fair to me? Think about that."

He does.

He doesn't respond and I stop waiting when I fall asleep.