Chapter 14

Elena touched Damon's face, smiling. She then leaned over and kissed him on the lips. It was small and quick, but it was enough for Damon to hold onto forever.

Damon: What was that for?

Elena: All I remember is that you wanted to kiss me and I slapped you, I hurt you.

Damon: You didn't hurt me Elena, I was being a jerk, honestly it was all my fault.

Elena still smiled snuggling up to him.

Damon: What do you remember?

Elena didn't respond. She was already sound asleep in his arms. He warmly smiled at her, carrying her back to the room. He didn't want her to sleep in her wet clothes, so he removed all her clothing except her under garments and put her in a robe.

When Damon did so, he broke a little. She was so beaten. She had open wounds, scars, scabs, cuts, and bruises. He was surprised she wasn't crying all day in pain. He softly kissed her back since he was too surprised when she kissed him. She smiled and shivered a little bit. Damon grabbed more blankets from the closet and placed them over her.

Damon didn't want to, but he knew he had to call Stefan. He needed answers and since Stefan found her, he must know what was happening.

By morning Elena woke up to see Damon passed out on the chair next to the bed. She smiled at him and realized she had no dry clothes. She had left her clothes back with Stefan and wet her only clothes at the beach. Elena reached into the closet and grabbed one of Damon's shirts.

Suddenly the door was being knocked. Elena, in Damon's shirt, answered the door. It was Stefan.

Damon: Stefan?

Damon had woken up and ran to the door.

Damon: Come on in.

Stefan walked in without saying anything as he saw that there was only one bed, and it had been slept in. Stefan looked over to Damon who was still smiling from the previous night.

Elena: Um, I'll be downstairs getting breakfast.

Damon nodded and waved as Elena waved back to Damon. She closed the door behind her. Stefan immediately grabbed Damon and pushed him to the wall.

Damon: Stefan, let go.

Stefan grabbed him without saying a single word.

Damon: Nothing happened here last night, well at least not right here.

Stefan held him against the wall harder, the wall beginning to crack as Damon pointed it out.

Stefan then had no choice but to let go of Damon.

Damon: She found me, she said you screamed at her. Bad Stefan.

Damon mocked Stefan while sitting on the bed relaxing.

Stefan: I didn't mean to. It was all very complicated but Wait so nothing between you guys happened here?

Damon: No nothing happened here, but else where is a different story.

Stefan: Damon,

Damon: But no, we didn't do it if that's what you're implying.

Stefan: Then what did happen?

Damon: Well you know, she found me, couldn't let go of me. She even cried tears of joy.

Damon sat on the bed grinning.

Damon: Then she told me the terrible things you did and I took her to the beach where we stripped and laughed. After I took her to the roof where she kissed me, and then-

Stefan: She kissed you?

Stefan's face turned into all sorts of emotions. Elena hadn't even kissed Stefan, why would she kiss Damon?

Damon: I didn't understand either, but you know I'm not complaining.

Stefan: Something is going on.

Damon: You got that right.

Stefan: When I found her, she was compelled so hard that the way she spoke was even different, she didn't even remember how to do the simple things.

Damon: Well I did think it was strange when she asked what sand was.

Stefan: And when I read the guys journal-

Damon: Wait who's journal?

Stefan: His name was Lance, apparently he was searching for Katherine but he found Elena instead.

Damon: Of course Katherine would be involved somehow.

Stefan: Well he said he wanted her to pay all she hurt.

Damon got up and looked out the window.

Stefan: Did she hurt you Damon?

Damon turned around a little guilty and ashamed.

Damon: Well I did try to kiss her, but since she was wearing that necklace you gave her, she just slapped me.

Stefan: You what?

Stefan's voice raised.

Damon: That's why she only remembered me. It was because she hurt me. Stefan it makes sense. For her to get rid of the compulsion. She has to 'pay' for who she hurt. That means that me and her will have to-

Stefan knew what had to happen and he wasn't going to allow it.

Stefan: No Damon, there has to be another way.

Damon: Well she does trust me, so she wouldn't be having a bad time.

Damon grinned while trying to walk away.

Stefan: Damon where are you going?

Damon: I'm going to find the lovely Elena, but if you don't mind, could you please get another room? It would be too awkward while you're in here don't you think?

Damon quickly closed the door leaving the angry Stefan in the room. Stefan grabbed a vase and through it with all his force against the wall. He wasn't going to let Damon touch her.

Meanwhile, Elena was in the hotel resteraunt ordering almost everything. The table was full of different pastries and food.

Damon: Why so much?

Damon laughed while sitting next to her.

Elena: Well I wasn't sure which one I would like so I got a bit of everything.

Damon grabbed a jelly filled donut of the table.

Damon: Well this is a well known favorite.

Damon fed her the donut looking into her eyes. Elena had gotten jelly on her nose so Damon wiped it off and licked it. Elena giggled.

Stefan: Well hello there.

Stefan came in after watching them.

Elena: Stefan, what are you doing here?

Stefan grabbed a seat and sat down on the other side of her. Elena looked at him in rage.

Stefan: Just wanted to see you.

Elena: Was that after you slept with me, while I look look like Katherine, or after?

Elena got up from the table and left angrily.

Damon: That's Elena for you.

Stefan: Great, the first thing she remembers of me was that.

Damon: Guess since she kissed me, part of the compulsion wore off. If you want her to remember her undieing love for you, you know what I have to do.

Damon grinned.

Stefan: No Damon, there has to be another way. There's always another way.