Chapter 3 - Katherine?

Damon and Stefan had been pondering the thought of who could have taken Elena all night long.

Stefan: Do you think it could've been another vampire?

Stefan looked at the unconvinced Damon who was sitting there impatiently. He kept staring at Stefan the whole time they were there and it wasn't pretty.

Damon: Oh right, and who could that possibly be? *sarcastically* Why would someone need a human Elena?

Stefan: Well she is a doppelgänger, that has to mean something.

Damon: Yeah that she looks exactly like Katherine, what else could that mean?

Stefan: It has to be more complicated than that. It just has to be. I hope she's okay

Damon: She better be okay, because if she isn't, I'm blaming you.

Damon stormed off angrily slightly regretting what he had just said. As his soul tormented him to apologize, he was reminded of the 'eternity of misery' he promised and kept walking away.

Stefan knew that if something happened, it would be his fault.

Stefan: I feel like such an idiot! I need to find her, my Elena.

Stefan decided to leave and search for Bonnie, since she was a witch, maybe she could find Elena with a locator spell or something.

Bonne opened her house door to see Stefan standing on there porch worried in distress.

Bonnie: Is something wrong?

Since she was at her Gram's house, she didn't invite Stefan in, but instead sat outside on the porch bench. Stefan was too stressed to sit down and instead stood there leaning against the porch wall.

Stefan: It's Elena.

Bonnie: Elena? Is she okay?

Stefan: Thats the problem, we don't know. Damon found her car about twenty miles outside Mystic Falls completely destroyed and Elena wasn't there. I know that since you're a witch that maybe you could help us find her.

Bonnie was still scared of the whole vampire and witch thing since it was new to her.

Bonnie: Stefan you know how much I want to, but I'm still new at this and I don't know anything really-

Bonnie saw the look on Stefan's face knowing he wouldn't stop until he has found her. She still wasn't fully convinced until it sunk into her that it was Elena in need, her best friend.

Bonnie: -but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Stefan: Thank you, Bonnie, so much.

Stefan gave out a huge sigh of relief and ran to give Bonnie an unexpected hug. Bonnie was quite surprised but knowing how worried he was, she returned the hug.

Elena: Hello?

Elena asked super tired from being too scared to sleep the whole night through. After the man revealed himself, she was forcefully dragged to some hole with a cage roof in the ground. She was left there the whole night surrounded by bugs and dirt.

Elena: Anybody there? *coughs*

Elena had successfully achieved removing the rope from her mouth allowing her to speak more freely. Though now, unfortunately, it laid wrapped around her neck meaning when she breathed, her neck would be punctured by the rope.

Mystery man: Can't scream any louder than that?

The man kept mocking Elena as revenge or slight punishment since she mocked him.

Elena: What do you want? You dirty scumbag lunatic!!

Mystery man: Awe, why so glum?

He smiled with all his face, while opening the cage roof to grab her. Elena grunted and refused. She'd rather stay there than anywhere near him.

Elena's POV

He was trying to grab a hold of me, but I didn't let him. I wasn't going anywhere with him. As I kept kicking and screaming trying to get him away, he stopped. My face went blank because I didn't know why he stopped. I didn't think he had truly given up yet.

Suddenly he went into his black jacket pocket and took out a picture of Katherine. I kept thinking, does he think I'm her? I tried to hide my anger when I saw that picture but I couldn't. She was the reason Stefan even talked to me and I wasn't even sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

"You know, I've been doing this for a long time along with trying to find you, and now look where I am. After years of convincing myself you were out there, and everyone telling me you were forever gone, here you are. I lost everyone because of you: my family, friends, even my dog," his face began to shed tears, yet I didn't feel sorry for him at all.

"I'm not Katherine!" I yelled furious that me and Katherine had to look alike. His face became puzzled when I said that. "I'm her doppelgänger." It took a good minute for him to react.

"You're not Katherine?"

"Yeah I'm not Katherine, I'de never EVER become that terrible of a person."

"Then where is Katherine?" His voice became more vulnerable and weak as if about to burst in tears again.

How would I know? I thought to myself. An idea then popped in my head. "I may not be Katherine but I can help you search for her." I looked up, my eyes gleaming.

"You would?" His voice cracked.

"Yes, of course." I lied.

"After everything I've done to you?" His face was no longer sad and vulnerable.

"Yes.." I wasn't sounding so confident by the way he reacted.

"Well that's too bad because now you will be Katherine!"

He grabbed my hair and raised me to his eye level. I tried to look away and shake, but his supernatural strength kept me in his arms.

"You are now Katherine, you have lived for now five hundred years."

He was trying to compel me and I didn't have my necklace with me. His eyes kept displaying colors like it was hypnotizing me and I wasn't able to look away.

"I am now Katherine."