Chapter 13

Elena had taken a free map from the gas station and started driving to New York City. The only time she stopped driving was at night to rest a little. Once awake she would keep driving.

Stefan sat in the motel waiting for her, thinking maybe she'll come back when she doesn't know what to do.

Damon entered a big fancy hotel.

Damon: Hi give me one suite please and a bottle of champagne.

Damon smirked.

Elena kept driving not thinking about anything but New York.

Elena: Stefan was nice but I had never met him before unlike Damon. I know who Damon is, it'll be nice to be with someone who I already know. I hope Stefan doesn't expect me to come back. Well I don't think he will, he did say he didn't want to see me anymore.

Elena had arrived to New York City still in her pajamas and in Stefan's car. She drove throughout the traffic and called Damon.

Elena: Damon I'm here. How do I find you?

Damon on phone: Look up.

Elena looked towards her window to see Damon standing in front, handsome as always. Elena pulled over to park and ran out to hug Damon without her shoes.

Elena: Damon!! Finally someone I know.

Elena hugged Damon, wrapping her arms around him, him doing the same. Elena started to cry as she held on to him because she hadn't seen someone she knew in so long.

Damon was surprised by her reaction so he just carried her in his arms while she placed her head in his neck. Damon was enjoying the soft touch that hushed gave, the warm veins that encircled them as if nothing could bother. Damon then walked into the hotel, in the elevator, and into the room he ordered.

Damon: Why are you crying Elena?

Damon finally looked at Elena's face. He immediately reacted by touching her bruised forehead.

Damon: Who did this to you?

Elena: Don't worry, Stefan killed him.

Elena hugged Damon again and whispered in his ear.

Elena: I missed you. I won't hurt you again, I promise.

Damon didn't understand what was going on so he sat on the bed next to Elena where they could talk.

Damon: So Elena, what exactly happened?

Elena: I was staying with a man.

Elena faced her feet, the traumatizing memories replaying in her mind.

Elena: And he did horrible things to me, Damon.

Elena started to cry while still looking down. Damon wrapped his arms around her still so confused.

Elena: He told me the outside world was scarier than what he did to me. He said he would always protect me, he said he was doing me a favor.

Damon: What about Stefan, what happened?

Elena: One night, Stefan barged in and just killed him, the person who said would protect me. I tried to run but Stefan held on to me not letting me go. Later he told me that the man lied, the outside world wasn't scary.

Elena put her head against Damon.

Elena: I believed him because he was so nice to me, but later he screamed at me and didn't let me go outside. That's when I realized he lied too.

Damon looked Elena in the eyes and gently wiped away her tears.

Elena: All I wanted-was to go outside.

Damon: Don't worry Elena, don't worry. I'll take you somewhere outside. I won't keep you trapped, okay?

He looked into her eyes seeing how she must've been tortured. Elena's eyes brightened at that idea with a huge smile.

Elena: Really? Even if I look like this?

Elena looked down at herself.

Damon: You could never be more beautiful.

Elena held Damon's hand as they left the building.

Elena: So where are we going?

The lights of the city shined upon them, opening up a whole new world.

Damon: Everywhere.

Elena smiled holding his hand as they walked through the huge crowds of people. Elena was a bit scared at first, but then got used to everyone bumping into her.

Damon couldn't stop but smile at the thought of him and Elena. He just wanted to make her happy after everything she must've been through.

Damon: Here we are.

Elena stood there speechless at the sight of such a beautiful thing, the beach. There was a dock and people. The water held the moons reflection as couples sat next to each other.

Damon took Elena's hand as he ran to the water. He took off his shoes and shirt, laughing with joy.

Elena: Is this like a shower?

Elena began to take off her shirt, leaving her tank top on.

Damon: No, here I'll show you.

Damon began to splash Elena. Elena's initial reaction was that it was like acid, but it wasn't. Elena laughed as she splashed Damon. They ran across the beach splashing each other until Elena fell on the sand laughing. Elena grabbed a bunch of sand in her hand.

Elena: What is this stuff?

Damon: Its called sand. If you put them together, you can build stuff.

Damon and Elena sat there on the beach building castles and houses until they had made a beautiful city. They laughed as he stared at her beautiful olive skin shining with the waters.

Elena: What are you starring at?

Elena giggled.

Damon: You.

Elena looked at him, flirting with her eyes. She then splashed Damon and ran off laughing. He ran after her until he grabbed her swinging her into the water. Damon ran in to catch her as she held on him, starring in his bright blue eyes. Elena placed her head on his chest as he carried her off the beach.

Once back at the hotel, Damon had another surprise for her.

Damon: Close your eyes.

Elena: Okay.

Elena closed her eyes as she let Damon guide her. She trusted him.

Damon: Open them.

Elena opened her eyes.

Damon: Do you like it?

Elena: I love it!

Elena gasped as she stood on top of the hotel looking out into the city, it was beautiful. She took every inch of it, feeling the breeze and the warmth at the same time.

Elena: It's like the town we built.

Elena smiled looking over to Damon who was holding her by the waist. Damon sat there on the edge of the building with Elena. She was so happy which made him happy.

She leaned in to face him, he faces her, both starring into each other's eyes. She grabbed his face and-