Between Worlds - Chapter 7

I just sighed; I really didn’t want to say anything that might get her hopes up or make her feel sad. I really didn’t know what to say to that anyways.

But before any of us could say anything else the door opened to reveal a handsome man who looked to be around his mid forties, somewhere around my mum’s age actually. He smiled at us “your majesties” he said. I was really taken aback by this, while Kayla just smiled ever so graciously I just stared at him.

“I'm not a royal”

“But you’re prince Ariamis’s mate. You automatically become a royal.”

“No thanks, I doubt I’ll even be here long. So no need anyways I'm Samantha, and you are?”

“I'm Castor, Castor Arcadia, head of the Army of Wolves, that’s what the Shifter guard is called, and I'm also the King’s advisor and Beta of the pack.”

“Wow that’s a lot”

“I guess it is, so you can just call me Castor”

He smiled kindly at me, but there was something more in his eyes that I didn’t understand, and he also looked very vaguely familiar

Before I could think any further on this Kayla started jumping up and down, clapping her hands like a complete mad women “I knew I knew it” she cried at the top of her lungs a huge grin plastered across her face. “Knew what?” I asked with a bewildered look plastered across my face.

But before she could answer me Castor cut her off “Princess I’m sure it’s not that important so we should go now. Your brothers will be getting impatient by now.” Kayla looked at him with a sly grin on her face “alright then let’s go meet my impatient brothers, shall we” Castor seemed to give her a thankful smile before she grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the room “what was that all about?” I asked her as soon as I got a chance to catch up with her fast pace “oh nothing” was the only answer I got though.

We soon reached another part of the castle and I’m positive we passed the passage that led to the bedrooms so this should help me to find my way back to my room if I need to, but I couldn’t actually be all that sure practically everything looked the same around here. By now we had reached another particularly old part of the castle but as soon as Kayla pushed open the door in front of us my jaw dropped. Not only was the room the totally modern, but it also held everything you’d expect to find in a normal teenager’s basement but this was a room in the castle, there was a pool table, a foosball table, a flat screen LED TV mounted onto the wall that was connected to a whole lot of high tech gaming systems, the only reason I knew that was because of the controllers left on the floor in front of it. There was even a really complicated looking music system set up on a table near the TV. There were also couches all over the room, one was in front of the TV, another at the back of the room and three which were set up like so that they all faced a centre table and a wall on which another TV was mounted. This was where Ariamis and Aaron were sitting and watching what appeared to be How I met your Mother.

I left Kayla’s side and walked into the room which made Ariamis turn towards me with a scowl as usual on his face “Oh ya do come in Samantha the door was just for decoration, no real use since no one actually uses it by knocking on it”

“Why thank you, I’m doing exactly that” I answered with a smirk on his face. I then walked forward and plopped down on the couch with the smirk still in place. “oh ya, do make yourself right at home too” he added after seeing what I did “Ariamis I have already made myself at home, what’s up with you” Aaron and Kayla both let out a laugh and even Castor cracked a smile at this. I then turned my attention to the TV but from the corner of my eye I saw Ariamis throw up his hands in defeat.