Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty- Yeah, excuse you, interrupting people's learning!

No sooner are Hawkeye and Neville out of earshot when Draco bursts into laughter.

"Did you see his face, the great lump?"

The other Slytherins join in.

"Shut up, Malfoy," I snap, glaring at him.

"Ooh, sticking up for Longbottom?" says Pansy Parkinson, a hard-faced Slytherin girl. "Never thought you'd like fat little cry babies, Swift."

"One, he's not a fat little cry baby and Two I'd rather like him than an arrogant dick."

Pugface blushes and glares at me.

Yeah! I know she likes Draco... shit Malfoy...

Emily 1 bitch 0

"Look,"  says Dra (you know what I'm just gonna call him whichever) Malfoy, darting forward and snatching something out of the grass. "It's that stupid thing Longbottom's gran sent him."

The Remembrall glitters in the sun as he holds it up. 

"Give that here, Malfoy," says Harry quietly. Everyone stops talking to watch.

Malfoy smiles nastily.

"Hand it over," I growl.

"I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to collect - how about - up a tree?"

"Give it here!" Harry and I yell together, but Malfoy has leapt on to his broomstick and taken off.

He wasn't lying, he can fly well - hovering level with the topmost branches of an oak he calls, "Come and get it, Potter, Swift!"

I grab my broom at the same time as Harry.

Like we grabbed different brooms.

That would be awkward if we grabbed the same one...

I ride solo!

"No!" shouts Hermione. "Madam Hooch told us not to move - you'll get us in trouble."

"YOLO!"

Harry and I ignore her advice. I mount my broom and kick off hard against the ground and up I soar.

Air rushes through my hair and my robes whip out behind me - I'm so glad I'm wearing shorts under my skirt - and in a fierce rush of joy, I realise I can do this, without being taught - it's so easy.

I pull my broom up a little to take it even higher, look to my right and see Harry doing the same thing, and hear screams and gasps of girls back on the ground and admiring whoops from Ron and Maya.

I turn my broom sharply to face Malfoy in mid-air. Harry comes to a stop next to me.

Malfoy looks at us, stunned.

"Give it here," Harry calls, "or we'll knock you off that broom!"

"Oh, yeah?" says Malfoy, trying to sneer, but looks worried.

"Why don't we show him what we mean?" I ask Harry who nods, grinning.

Somehow, I know what to do. I lean forward and grasp the broom tightly in both hands and it shoots towards Malfoy like a javelin, Harry close behind me.

Malfoy only just gets out of the way in time; Harry and I make a sharp turn and hold our brooms steady.

A few people below clap and I hear Maya yell, "YOU GO GIRL! ........ AND HARRY!"

"No Crabbe and Goyle up here to save your neck, Malfoy," Harry calls.

"No bodyguards to take the fall for you," I shout.