Chapter Two

Chapter Two - "Are you ready to get our shit and cause some mischief?"

"Are we there yet?" Maya and I chorus together for the tenth time in the last five minutes.

"No," was the answer we get from my dad. I'm glad he took the day off today to take us, even if he's only dropping us off.

Maya's dad couldn't do it for two reasons. One, he's looking after May's four year old baby brother, Toby. Two, he's a muggle, a plumber actually. May finds his job hilarious......... don't ask why, I may be like her sister but I still don't understand her.

My mum couldn't do it because she's abroad with Mays mum taming dragons. Sounds a lot like a Gryffindor job doesn't it. But they're both Ravenclaws and super sassy. That's why May and I are so awesome.

I watch my dad flick through the radio stations, finally sticking with some wizarding station that seemed to be playing country music?

Shaking my head, I look at Maya and notice that she fallen asleep. Well then bitch, am I not interesting enough for you?

I grab my bag and sift through it. I have to much stuff in my bag, but I always pack to much. Trust me, you never want me round for a sleepover, you'll think I'm staying with you for life. Pfft...... I would never do that, unless they had food, sweet sweet food, like pizza, cake.......

Anyway, I find the thing I was searching for, my letter, and read through the list of what I need.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

Uniform

1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)

2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear

3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags

Set Books
All students should have a copy of each of the following:
The Standard Book of Spells (Grace 1) by Miranda Goshawk
A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling
A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

Other Equipment
1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST-YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS

When I look up from my letter, I notice that we have arrived. Finally!!!!

"MAYA, WAKE UP!" I scream in Maya's ear. Her eyes shoot open, as her hand quickly swings up to meet my face. Luckly I dodge at the last minute, and pout at her as she starts to laugh. Soon my dad joins in.

"Come on, lets just go," I grumble. I swing open the side door and clamber out, Maya close behind.

My dad rolls down his window, and he looks at me with a cold stare. "To get into Diagon ally, head into the pub, and ask Tom if he will open the archway for you," my father instructs me. "Tom is an old friend of mine, just mention my name and he''ll help you. Also, to get home, meet me here at three. If I'm not here by half past, use the floopowder to get home." He motions towards my bag.

I give him a quick kiss then watch as he drives away. I turn and look at the shabby pub.

"Well, lets get this show on the road!" Maya cheers, getting some strange looks from passing muggles. I smile at my best friend, link arms with her and head into the pub.

But we didn't just walk, oh no, we skipped. Entering the pub, I look around, suprised to see no one in sight, except the barman. Strange.

"Excuse me, are you Tom?" I ask the barman. He smiles at me, nodding. "I'm Emily Swift. My dad says that you can let us into Diagon Alley."

He motions for us to follow him, and leads us out the back. As he goes to hit the right brick, I look at Maya.

"Hey Maya," I whisper. She looks at me, confused. "Are you ready to get our shit and cause some mischief?"

She beams at me as we watch the bricks move back, revealing Diagon Alley, a place full of magic, books and pranking equipment.

Tom smiles at us, noticing our expressions. "Welcome, to Diagon Alley!"