Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen- "What's the wifi password?"

Professor McGonagall now steps forward holding a long roll of parchment.

"When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted," she says. "Abbott, Hannah!"

Ugh, we're doing it in alphabetical order!

That means I have to wait ages.......

Blugh!

A pink-faced girl with blonde pigtails stumbles out of line, puts on the hat, which falls right down over her eyes, and sits down. A moment's pause -

"HUFFLEPUFF!" shouts the hat.

The table on the right cheers and claps as Hannah goes to sit down at the Hufflepuff table. I watch as the ghost of the Fat Friar waves merrily at her.

"Bones, Susan!"

"HUFFLEPUFF!" shouts the hat again, and Susan scuttles off to sit next to Hannah.

"Boot, Terry!"

"RAVENCLAW!"

The table second from the left claps this time; several Ravenclaws stand up to shake hands with Terry as he joins them.

"Brocklehurst, Mandy" goes to Ravenclaw too, but "Brown, Lavender" becomes the first new Gryffindor and the tables on the far left explodes with cheers.

"Bulstrode, Millicent" then becomes the first Slytherin. I see Maeve and Fleur clapping and cheering. I notice that a lot of the Slytherins look mean.

But a couple are fit as fuck.

I mean, I would tap that....

"Eaglestone, Elinor!"

Elinor walks up to the chair and places the hat on her head.

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

I cheer as Elinor goes to join her house, the house she wanted to be in.

"Eaglestone, Jasper!"

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

And Jasper goes to join his twin.

"Finch-Fletchley, Justin!"

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

It's weird how sometimes the hat shouts out the house at once, but for others it takes a little while to decide. One boy "Finnigan, Seamus", sits on the stool for almost a whole minute before the hat declares him a Gryffindor.

"Granger, Hermione!"

Hermione almost runs to the stool and jams the hat eagerly on her head.

"GRYFFINDOR!" shouts the hat.

What happens if you can't be sorted?

I don't think that's ever happened...

If Elinor can get sorted, then so can I!

I mean, she's crazy as hell...

When Neville is called, he falls over on his way to the stool. The hat takes a long time to decide with Neville. When it finally shouts "Gryffindor", Neville runs off still wearing it, and has to jog back amid gales of laughter to give it back to "MacDougal, Morag".

"Malfoy, Draco!"

My head snaps up as the blonde boy from earlier swaggers forward.

I knew I recognised him from somewhere!

I wonder if he remembers me?

The hat has barely touched Draco's head, when it screams, "SLYTHERIN!"