Chapter 1

Hey guys. I just got back a few hours ago from seeing Southpaw and was instantly inspired by it.

First off, just let me say, AMAZING MOVIE!! GO SEE IT!!
Secondly, I decided to take that inspiration and write a story about it. Although their are some elements that are similar, this is not a fanfiction.

Faith's Lens is in no way related to Southpaw. This story is completely original, original characters and plot.
_________________________________________

Jhonny POV

"And he's done it again! Another beautifully executed KO. Is there nothing the King can't do?" The sports announcer shouts excitedly.

The crowd roars in excitement and celebration for their beloved boxer. Screaming fans jump and shout and cry for the man who has been dominating the season.

The man of the the hour bask in the cheers as he stands on the ropes. His arms are spread wide as he accepts the love from his fans.

Soft pale arms wrap around his mid section and he grips them, unconsciously smiling wider. The contrast between his dark brown and her lily, pale skin is loud. But it's beautiful.

He turns around in her arms and grasps her gorgeous smiling face. Two dimples appear in his cheeks as he smiles wider and bends down to kiss his wife of ten years.

He holds his wife in his arms as they disappeared into the masses.

Beeep!

Fuck, I curse to myself as I hear the beeping of my alarm. I overslept again.

I groan as I sit up on the bed. Dark riotous curls fall in my face as I lean over the side of the bed trying to catch my breath. All I could hear was the loud pounding of my heart fill my ears. It drowned out the squeaking of the maid carts outside my door and the thumping of the feet from room above. I ignored the itch of my skin at feeling the drop of sweat travel from my forehead and hang at the tip of my nose, before falling off the precipice and onto the hideously patterned carpet.

I knew this would happen once I took the job.

But you needed the money.

I needed the money. And this gig paid well. It pays for this great hotel room, the food, and traveling expenses. All things I would definitely not be able to afford. But most importantly, the money will be just what I need to hold me off for a little bit longer.

Of course it would be better if you'd just take the job, my conscience scolds me. But I ignore it. I ignore it just like I did when it told me not to drop out of business school at the cusp of graduating.

But I didn't listen to it then and I'm not now. I have a really bad habit of not listening to myself.

I may not be living luxuriously, but I'm happier. A lot happier than I was before where the memories taunted me at every corner.

"And the crowd goes wild yet again. Alexander the Great, the King, has done it again. He's unstoppable...!"

I shake my head violently to get rid of the echoing voice in my head. The screams are beginning to dull but they always linger just at the edge of my memory.

Memories of better times before they all turned dark.

"Ugh. It is way to early for these morbid thoughts," I grumble to myself. I stumble into the bathroom. The motion detector lights come on as I make my way to the sink.