Chapter 7

~ 3 MONTHS LATER ~

All of us are going on a four-couple date together. Mike and Tony are bringing their new found girlfriends. Tony's girlfriend Maya is actually really cool, a sweet little Kansas fan he had a connection with. Mike's girl, Stacia, is more controversial. She's bitter and cynical most days, but when she really wants to, she can be alright. 

Everything is finally almost normal again, and Vic and I couldn't be better. We only argue occasionally, and it's small stupid things. Some days, the rest of the band leaves the bus for sight-seeing or to go to a bar. On those days, Vic and I stay in the bus in baggy sweatpants and t-shirts, watching movies and just talking and smiling and kissing. I love those days more than anything.

The big group date is soon, and Avery and I are deciding on what to wear. Jaime is usually really good to her, but there are times when they just fight for days and her and I sleep on the couch together. 

"Do you wanna forget about dressing up and wear skinny jeans and hoodies?" Avery suggests, smiling.

"Oh God, yes, I love you." We laugh and grab out favorite black skinny jeans. They're classics, from one of our first trips to Hot Topic.  Sifting through my suitcase, I find an Of Mice and Men zip up I've hardly worn, and decide to wear that. I think Avery mentioned something before going to change about wearing a Sleeping With Sirens sweatshirt. 

Zipping up my sweatshirt over a white cami, I open the door to the bathroom and look at the mirror to do my eyeliner. One of the guys is showering, but we're all so used to each other at this point, we don't knock or bitch about stuff like privacy anymore. 

I hear humming. It's Tony's humming, I can tell because he does this weird throaty growl with every note. I decide to talk to him about Maya. 

"So you really like Maya?" I ask. He pokes his wet face through the side of the shower curtain, then goes back in once he sees its me. 

"Yeah, I do. She's actually really cool, and she has really soft skin." 

I laugh. "Well that's good."

"I'm glad Mike's finally got a girlfriend. He was scary when he liked you." Tony says.

"Tell me about it." I reply, looking down at my wrists. Obviously the bruises are gone, but I've recently found small scars that must be from his fingernails digging into my skin. "I'm happy everyone is cool again." I say, smiling at the though of Avery and I with Pierce the Veil.

"Agreed." Tony says. He turns off the shower and I step out, closing the door behind me. Vic, Mike, and Jaime are meeting the rest of us at the boardwalk where we're having the date. Tony, Avery, and I are picking up the girls at a random Starbucks. 

I walk into the living room part of the bus and sit on the couch, pulling out my phone to see a text from Vic.

Vic: Hey i know you dont really LOVE Stacia, but Mike says she thinks you're super cool...so... for MEEE could you try to be her friend?? :) pleasseeee i love youuuuu

I smile at the screen.

Me: Stacia and I shall be bffs. Bitch Fuckers Forever

Vic: Lmao yes! You're wonderful, thank you!! :) see you tonight

Me: Yes yes i know i know, see you there:)

Avery and Tony are dressed and we're ready to go, so we all leave the bus and hop into the rental car. Avery and I sit in the back so Maya can sit next to Tony. Driving to pick up the girls is full of screams and off pitch singing and laughter. 

Pulling up to the building, we see the girls, who walk to the car and get in. Tony kisses Maya and I smile at Stacia. She nods at us. Maya turns around in her seat, grinning.

"Hey, guys!" she says. We say hey back to her, and the rest of the ride is quiet besides Tony and Maya talking and giggling. Finally we reach the boardwalk and I jump out of that metal death trap of awkward silence. Vic texts me and says he can see me, but won't tell me where they are.

So I look around, but I'm not fast enough. Vic runs up behind us and attacks me, causing me to freak out and scream. And then he's tickling me and we're laughing and pushing each other around. Stacia walks right up to Mike and does the unthinkable. 

After she grabs his crotch, she starts sucking face with him. He's shocked and backs away from her whore hands before going back and hugging her. Jaime yells random syllables at Avery, causing them both to burst into laughter that nobody else understands. I smile at how happy they are together, and Vic pokes my face.

"No! We're not starting that again!" I say. He just laughs and backs up.

"You're just saying that because you think you'll lose again." he retorts.

"Correction, I know I'll lose again." He chuckles and walks back to me, into my open arms. 

We start walking around, all eight of us. Almost all of us are enjoying ourselves, except for Stacia and Mike. Mike keeps getting mad at Stacia because all she wants to do is make out with him or grab his crotch. Vic and I are whispering about how weird they're both being tonight. 

Walking close together, hand in hand, and spending most of our time with our mouths inches from each other's ears to whisper, we must look like the closest couple ever. Jaime and Avery are having a great time, and Tony and Maya are too busy being cute and smiling at each other to notice anything or anyone else. 

But everyone stops and looks when Mike practically screams, "Stop, Stacia! Jesus! Would you just give it a rest??" 

She gets an expression on her face like he's just said she's an ugly whore with a stupid skank mother. 

"Fuck you, Mike. You can forget about getting anything tonight!" she yells back. Mike just sighs as she stomps away in a tantrum. Throwing his head back and moaning, I really do feel bad for him. Mike just has the worst luck with girls. He doesn't chase after Stacia, though. Good. She's a stupid bitch who deserves to be alone right now.

I'm the first one to say anything. "Mike," He turns around. "You okay?" He slows his speed and falls into step next to Vic and I.

"She's just so touchy! I don't think I'm a bad person for not wanting her groping me all the time." he complains.

"Has she even really talked to you all night?" I ask.

"Only about what she wanted to do to me in the fucking bathroom.!" He sighs. Vic looks at him and shoves him jokingly.

"Well, bro, if you weren't so damn sexy all the time she wouldn't be this way." Vic winks at him and Mike just laughs and shoves him back.

"She'll come back if she actually cares. I'm not gonna go after her." Mike says.

"Good. She doesn't deserve you." I say. He looks at me and smiles.

" 'Cause I'm just so amazing." he laughs. Tony turns around from walking in front of us and smiles.

"Oh you are, trust me." He clicks and does those flirty hand guns at him. Mike laughs and then smiles at his feet. Vic leans into me and kisses my cheek. I look at him, he's just gazing at me, a smile playing at his lips.

"I love you." he whispers, which makes me blush.

"I love you too."

He grins and looks ahead again.