êįght.

"Frank likes to show off."

I woke up to a flash and then giggling. I opened my eyes to see Frank and Ray standing there taking pictures with their phones and then noticed that I had a pair of arms around my waist. I blushed heavily and removed myself from his arms before running after the two guys.

They were downstairs hiding behind the couch, I knew this because I was standing on the balcony looking over them. I crawled to the ledge and then jumped, landing on Frank's back. I grabbed the phone from his hands and quickly erased the pictures while he was recovering.

Ray still had his phone, but I'll have to get them later. He was prepared for me to pounce at the moment. I threw the phone back at Frank and he caught it with one hand, grinning and winking at me. "So, cuddle time with Gee eh?"

I rolled my eyes and stood up, before returning up the stairs to see Gerard sitting up in bed, rubbing at his eyes. I walked in and sat down in front of him, covering my knees with the comforter. He gave me a sleepy smile and I mentally smacked myself for finding it cute.

"What are you up to today?" He asked me and I thought about it before answering him. "Can you show me stuff? Like, the abilities and things like that?" He got an excited look before nodding and standing up. "Yeah, come on." I followed him out of the house and into the yard and he clapped his hands together.

"Okay. First thing, vanishing, and then reappearing." I got an excited feeling in my stomach and nodded enthusiastically. "What I want you to do, is close your eyes and visualize yourself in a different place. Imagine seeing the place around you, or if you're going to someone, picture them standing in front of you. This will take a while at first but once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to do it like that." He snapped his fingers for effect.

I closed my eyes and imagined looking at the couch in the living room. After concentrating for a second I felt something that felt like going over the highest hill on a rollercoaster. I felt the ground from underneath my feet vanish and then reappear in a split second. It happened so fast I felt like I shouldn't have noticed it, but at the same time it took forever for my feet to find stability again.

I took in a sharp breath when I opened my eyes and saw the living room. I did it! Gerard walked through the front door and held his arms open. "You got it on this first try!" He gave me a hug and I wrapped my arms around him as well, enjoying the feeling of his leather jacket around me. I heard a second voice and recognized it as Frank's.

"Hey lovebirds. What's the occasion?" I rolled my eyes and Gerard pinched the bridge of his nose, something that I've noticed he does a lot out of annoyance. "Shut up Frank. Iris just teleported for the first time." Gerard walked into the kitchen, pulling stuff out to make a sandwich.

Frank made a surprised face and clapped his hands together. "Good job." He turned around and walked into nothing, a cloud of black dust swirling around and then vanishing as well. I guess that's what it looks like when we teleport.

"He's showing off, he usually doesn't use teleportation to get places, he usually goes for running or something like that." He waved the butter knife around in his hand as he spoke and I laughed before walking over and joining him.

He set the sandwich down in front of me and I raised an eyebrow before picking the sandwich up. "For me?" He chuckled and started on another sandwich. I guess the whole gaining weight thing really isn't an issue for them, seeing as how they make it a habit to stuff their faces every chance they get and still remain looking like gods.

And I'm not just saying that either, they're all beyond gorgeous. Smooth skin, strong hair, bright eyes, and their mysterious charm ties everything together to make a beautiful, graceful killer.

But I think Gerard, vampire or not, has a certain elegance that draws people in. Maybe it's the way he glances at you, not being afraid to hold eye contact, knowing full and well he has you wrapped around his finger. Or it could be that every word he says rings loud and clear in your ears, perfection. Sheer perfection. His voice is like silk, but like sandpaper all at the same time. He's handsome but terrifying, laid back yet intimidating. Like a lion who knows that he can pounce at any moment, not giving you a second to escape. He knows this, and that's what makes him so dangerous I suppose.

"See something you like sweetheart?" He teased mockingly as he snapped me out of my internal debate over what makes me so attracted to Gerard Way, vampire, my kidnapper, a murderer. "Uh, no sorry. Must have zoned out." The ghost of a smile played on his lips for a split second before it disappeared. "No kidding, you did good today, with the teleporting I mean."

I grinned like a child and nodded before he spoke again. "I mean, you do have a pretty good teacher." He winked at me before walking out of the room with his sandwich.

I walked out of the house so I could look at the garden that I haven't gotten to thoroughly enjoy yet. Flowers circled the small pond with purple, yellow, and white. A rose bush was nestled in the corner of the garden, and a stone wall circled the entire garden except for the big iron gate that was an entrance and exit for the haven.

After seeing and smelling every flower I could, I walked out of the garden. As I was closing the door a familiar smell made itself known to me. I looked around for the owner of the smell but I couldn't find one. My eyes closed as I focused on Gerard, hoping my new teleportation skills would come in handy.

My prayers were answered when I opened my eyes to see Gerard sitting at his desk, using a colored pencil to fill in a sketch. He noticed me and jumped slightly before rolling his eyes and looking at me. "You can't sneak up on me like that Iris."

He sighed but crossed his hands in front of him, giving me his full attention. "I think I smelled other vampires, in t-" He shot up and ran out of the room with me following him. "Frankie! Ray! Mikey! Get down here!" Almost instantly the vampires showed up in the room either by teleportation or by running.

"What's up Gee?" Frank asked in his usual carefree tone, but that vanished when I explained that I smelled other vampires. "Same guys again?" Ray chimed in the conversation. "Probably, surely vampires who didn't have history with us wouldn't just venture into other vamp's territory." We all nodded in agreement with Mikey.

"Josh and Tyler are their names. And yeah, I think it's the same guys. I don't think it's a coincidence that the day after I escape vampires just randomly show up." Everyone looked at me and they all seemed to agree. As they discussed what to do, my mind wandered to what Josh said. Gerard killed his girlfriend.

I gently grabbed Gerard's arm and pulled him up the stairs into my room. "Why did you kill Josh's girlfriend?" His eyes widened and I could tell he surprised. "I don't know what you're talking about." He seemed to understand that I knew exactly what I was talking about because he sighed.

"She turned me and my brother. I wanted revenge." I stared at him but I didn't say anything. "She, she was having an affair with Mikey when she was also dating Josh. One night she was sleeping over with him and I heard my brother scream. When I ran in, I thought he was dead, he was just in the middle of the change I guess. He had blood running down his neck and his body was limp, so of course that's what I thought. She grabbed my wrist and bit me, turning me as well. When me and Mikey woke up we instantly knew what had happened because we knew what she was. And we were angry. She took our humanity away, our chance at living normal lives. A year later I found her, and killed her because seeing her ignited the anger in me that I had when I woke up. Of course now I'm enjoying the perks of being immortal."

He smirked a little, messing with a stray string on my pillow." I didn't know how to feel, of course it was terrible that she turned them against their will, but killing her? Suddenly Mikey showed up at the door. "We have visitors."