Chapter 30 - Presents

Robyn's P.O.V.
It didn't take me long to decide what to wear. I quickly chucked on a comfy red sweater, which was slightly baggy, and a pair of black jeans. Grabbing my hairbrush, I fought viciously with my matted hair, until it fell in loose curls round my shoulders. I applied some make up to my face, only so that I was wearing subtle make up with dark eyes, and I looked myself over in the mirror. I nodded confidently, before heading towards my bedroom door. Opening my bedroom door, I stepped out and suddenly walked into something hard. And to make matters worse, I somehow managed to catch my foot behind my leg, causing me to trip and fall towards the floor. But two arms wrapped themselves around me, catching me from my fall and holding me in their grasp. Slightly stunned, I looked up to see Thomas smiling, with me in his arms. I blushed, causing him to chuckle.

"You alright there?" He smirked, as I stood up and straightened my clothes, "Seems like everywhere you go you always fall over or something!" I simply smiled at him.

"Well at least I know you'll always be there to catch me!" I winked, before heading into the living room.

"Bloody hell it's about time!" Ava shouted as we came in, "I thought you'd only be ten minutes!" Thomas and I laughed, sitting down on the opposite sofa from Tasha and Mark. Ava was sat in the armchair, and Alex was cross-legged on the carpet.

"So who's ready to open presents?" I asked grinning. A loud cheer erupted from everyone in the room, making us all laugh at the end of it. Luckily, I hadn't posted my presents for my sister and Thomas' family, and neither had he, so at least we got to watch them open them. The six of us all sat cross-legged on the floor, in a sort of circle, and began distributing presents out.

"AHHHHH!" Alex screamed, as she tore the wrapping paper off of her present from me, "The Maze Runner series! Oh Robyn I love it!" She attacked me with a hug, causing me to fall backwards to the ground. I laughed as I hugged her back.

"Aw you're welcome Alex! I know how much you love them!" I laughed, as I sat upright again.

"And this one is for Ava," Thomas passed over his present for Ava, and we all watched as she opened it.

"Oh my God Thomas it's beautiful!" She gasped, as she saw the dress. She picked it up and held it against her.

"Oh Ava that's gorgeous!" Tasha smiled, "Well done Thomas!" This time, it was Thomas' turn to get attacked by hugs. Ava honestly didn't stop hugging him for about two minutes. I giggled quietly to myself. They are so cute as brother and sister. We continued opening presents from each other, laughing and joking around as we did.
And then it came to me and Thomas giving out our presents for everyone. This year, we'd decided to buy everyone a hamper, and fill it with things we knew each person would love. Obviously, we'd already given a present each to our sisters, but they were our sisters so it didn't really matter. We handed out all the hampers and opened them at the same time. There were lots of gasps, followed by laughter as we all unpacked what was in our hamper. Thomas and I exchanged our hampers for each other, and began opening them. I began laughing as I opened mine, and pulled out a Taylor Swift CD. Thomas knew how much I loved Taylor Swift, after my dance performance in our kitchen, back when we shared a dorm together. There was also a t-shirt with Spider-Man on it, a new sketchpad and pencils, seeing as I did a lot of artwork, and some other bits and bobs. Smiling, I turned to watch Thomas as he unwrapped his hamper.

"Oh my God Robyn!" He laughed, as he looked inside, "I'm gonna be eating ice cream for the rest of my life!" I began laughing uncontrollably, as Thomas pulled out all the ice cream pots that I'd managed to stuff in the hamper (do not ask how I managed it, but I did!). By about the fifth pot of Ben & Jerry's, he was laughing too. And then he came to the DVDs at the bottom.

"Oh thank you so much, love!" He grinned, wrapping his arms around me in a hug.

"You're welcome Tommy!" I laughed into his shoulder. I knew how much that nickname kinda wound him up, but it may me laugh so, what the hell? "And thank you so much for my presents as well!"

"No problem!" He smiled, as we pulled apart. The next ten minutes were then spent showing everyone what was in our hamper, and the reasons behind why they loved each present. By the end of it all, we were pretty exhausted.