Chapter 13 - Please Don't Change

Robyn's P.O.V.
So yeah, Thomas and Steph have been dating now for about two months. It's kinda cute to see the two of them together, although I do wish they'd kiss a lot less publicly...! Together, they make quite a cute couple and I'm happy for them. However, it has meant that Steph has been hanging around our dorm a lot more than I'd like. Ah well, I can always retreat to my room or Charlie's dorm if things get a bit too uncomfortable. At the moment, the three of us are sat in the living room, about to watch a film...

"Okay guys," I said, bending down to get a closer look at the movies we have in the bookshelf - between the two of us, Thomas and I have a huge collection of movies, "What film do you wanna watch?"

"I don't mind!" Thomas smiled, as he ran his fingers through Steph's hair, who was curled up on the sofa next to him, "Whatever you girls want to watch." Aww bless him, he's always such a gentleman!

"Steph, do you have a preference?" I asked, turning around to face her. Opening her eyes from her 'sleep', she smiled.

"How about Bridget Jones?"

"Urghhhh!" I groaned, looking up to Thomas for support. The two of us hated, and I mean hated chick flicks - all that lovey dovey stuff makes me quite sick to be honest! I tried to plead with my eyes for him to say no, but instead he just shifted slightly on the sofa, pulling Steph into his arms.

"Sure, why not?" Stunned, I shook my head in disbelief. What. Just. Happened. Here?

"Can't we watch an action film or something?" I whined. Steph just sat there pouting, before looking up at Thomas as if to say, 'Can you bloody sort her out.' Thomas looked at me, a little sternness in his eyes as he did. Slightly hurt, I turned back to the DVDs.

"Ur, ur yeah okay then..." I mumbled, grabbing the DVD from the shelf. Don't ask me why I have it - I think it was a gift from a friend or something and I felt too bad to get rid of it. God, I wish I had now! Putting it into the DVD player, I got up and sat in my armchair. I call it my armchair because only I ever sit in it - Thomas prefers crashing out on the sofa, which I don't mind. I mean, I can always sit on him if I really want to sit on the sofa! After much moaning and groaning, he does eventually move up so I can sit there too!

So that is how the evening started, us watching a bloody chick flick! I could feel myself occasionally nod off as the film carried on. At one point, when the film got a wee little bit awkward, Thomas and Steph started kissing. As things got a little bit too much, I groaned and turned to them.

"Oh guys, seriously? I'd rather keep my dinner down if that's okay with you!" I moaned, throwing a cushion at them as I did - I was mainly aiming at Steph's head if I'm being honest, but don't say I told you anything! ;) Thomas chuckled, before kissing Steph's forehead and turning his attention back to the film. Steph glared at me harshly, before she did the same. I just rolled my eyes, and felt my eyelids closing again for what felt like the hundredth time...God this film was boring...

Thomas' P.O.V.
As the film finished, I got up to turn it off. I turned back to see Steph with her phone out and pointing it at Robyn. She was laughing as I heard the sound of a camera shutter go off from her phone.

"What are you doing?" I asked, getting up and making my way back to the sofa.

"Haha, she looks so funny when she's asleep!" Steph laughed, ignoring my question, "God this is totally going on Twitter!" I looked up over at Robyn and saw that she was in fact fast asleep. Her head was cocked to the side as she lay there curled up in the armchair.

"Don't you think that's a bad idea, Steph?" I asked, trying to take her phone from her, "I don't think she'd like it much!"

"Thomas get off!" Steph complained, jumping off the sofa, "She'll be fine with it - I've been friends with her for like my entire life!" Hmmm, doesn't exactly seem like something a friend would do to me.

"Anyway, I'd better be off now - got class in like five hours!" Steph grinned, grabbing her bag from the table and picking up her keys. "See me out yeah?"

"Course Hun!" I grinned, getting up too and making my way to the door with her.

"So I'll see you tomorrow yeah?" She said smiling, as she looked up at me before I opened the door.

"Urm, I'm actually quite busy tomorrow - I've got a big photography project due in the day after and I've gotta get it done." I sighed, smiling sympathetically. Suddenly, Steph's expression changed from hope to sudden anger.

"Oh come on, Thomas! I'm your girlfriend!" She moaned, throwing up her hands as she did, "Why can't you just make some bloody time for me?" I flinched slightly, as she raised her voice at the end of her sentence. Is it really that bad if I want some time to myself. And especially when I've got work to do as well! But I didn't ever like getting into an argument with Steph, so I just shrugged.

"Ohhh okay then, fine I guess I'll see you tomorrow then!" I sighed, looking away from Steph and towards the ground. Suddenly, I felt her finger under my chin, lifting my head up to face her beautiful eyes.

"See, now that wasn't so hard was it?" She whispered, before grabbing me round the neck and kissing me. After what felt like an eternity, I broke away from her, smiling quickly before opening the door.

"See you tomorrow!" She grinned, before walking through the door and out into the corridor. I watched her as she made her way to the end of the corridor. I expected her to turn around and wave goodbye, but she didn't even stop to turn around. Shaking my head in slight disbelief, I stepped back and closed the door.

'Bloody hell, Steph was controlling,' I thought, running my hand through my hair in frustration. Are all girlfriends like this? Pushing that thought aside, I made my way back to the living room. Robyn was still there, curled up in a ball in the armchair. I could hear her mutter things slightly under her breath as she slept, and occasionally she would turn and moan quietly to herself. I walked over to her, and bent down so that my face was level with her's. She looked so peaceful, I felt cruel to try and wake her. Smiling, I stood up and tucked my arms under her knees and around her waist. Carrying her bridal-style, I walked her into her room and placed her on the bed. I grabbed her a blanket that was lying at the end of her bed and gently placed it over her body. Taking one last look at her, I started to turn away when I heard her moan something under her breath.

"Thomas...." She almost whispered it. I wasn't sure if I had heard it or not, but as I turned round to look at her, she said it again, "Thomas...." I walked, over to the side of her bed, and knelt down once again.

"Robyn?" I whispered, watching her carefully. Her eyes fluttered slightly, before she said anything else.

"Thomas......please don't change.... don't change for her.......stay the same Tommy........the same..." And with that, she turned over and continued to sleep quietly. Stunned a little, I stood and tip toed out of her room, closing her door softly behind me. What did she mean by that? And all night, as I lay there trying to sleep, her words stayed with me. Thomas......please don't change......please.