Chapter 9

Tobin's POV;

After one of the best breakfasts of her life, Tobin's stomach went from full of food, to full of nerves. A pit of nervousness swelled in her gut at the thought of meeting Servando. She was scared to see his reaction, and even more scared to see Alex's emotions after the encounter. A few days ago, Tobin would have never imagined this happening in a million years. And here it is, happening in a matter of days. Alex walks out of her bedroom & makes her way to the couch and sits next to Tobin. She places her hand on the midfielders knee which calms her nerves for the time being.

"We don't have to do this today, you know" Tobin reminds Alex. Sure, she wants Alex to be all hers & only hers. But if Alex isn't ready or comfortable with doing this yet, she doesn't want her to feel pressured by Tobin to do so.

"I know. But I want to," Alex says, patting on Tobin's knee. "I'm ready if you are Tobs" She finishes, looking at Tobin deeply.

Tobin can tell by the look on Alex's face that she's worried and Tobin wants nothing more than to do whatever she can to take away the strikers concerns. Tobin knows this is an emotional roller coaster for her, but she can't even fathom what it has to be like for Alex. She knows apart of her should still be mad about her not telling Tobin about the engagement in the first place. But she couldn't stay mad at the younger girl. Especially when Alex was going to break off her engagement for her.

"Let's hit it" Tobin says, finally building up the courage to leave.

"You can hit it later" Alex winks, smacking Tobin's butt as she gets up.

"When did you get so naughty, Lex?" Tobin chuckles, feeling her cheeks flushing.

"I always have been, but I guess now it's acceptable for me to say my thoughts out loud" Alex confesses, shrugging nonchalantly.

"It's always been acceptable, honestly" Tobin shoots back, winking at the striker.

Alex just grins & gets off the couch. "Lets leave before our hormones take over" Alex suggests just in time, because Tobin was just about to jump her bones.

The pair leave the apartment & make their way to the local cafe. They listen to the mix CD that Tobin made Alex years ago on the way their and the ridiculously stupid songs on the disk eases both of their nerves on the ride there.

"Seriously? Who let me put Eminem on the same disk as Blink-182?" Tobin laughs as "Just Lose It" fades into "Adam's Song".

"I think it's a great CD. I know the order of every song on it," Alex blushes, turning the radio up slightly. "I'd listen to it whenever I missed you.. So basically everyday" The younger striker confesses, placing her hand on Tobin's.

"That's so cute," Tobin begins, smiling at Alex. "Who knew you were so head over heals for me" She smirks, putting an arm behind her head and sighing in confidence.

Alex just rolls her eyes at Tobin's playfulness. And parks the car right outside the cafe. Tobin looks through the clear glass window & can see Servando playing on his phone.

"Boy, he hasn't change a bit has he?" She asks, seeing Servando looking exactly the same as he did since she last saw him.

"No, not at all" Alex responds, getting out of the car suddenly.

Tobin gets out & walks around the car to meet Alex at the side walk. She places a comforting hand on the small of the strikers back. Alex gives her a weak smile and a nod and walks into the shop, Tobin following behind.

Servando immediately looks up & embraces Alex in a tight hug and pecking her lips. Tobin could feel herself getting jealous, even though she had no right to be, because Alex really was hers.