CHAPTER #5

One full moon night, when Lord Sesshomaru was away on business, Kohaku was visiting Sango and Miroku and Jaken was asleep, Rin tried on the dress. She was standing near a river that sparkled in the moonlight. She twirled around enjoying the feel of the dress. From the forest Lord Sesshomaru arrived and saw Rin and her delight. He couldn't look away and so made himself visible. Rin gasped when she saw him, expecting disapproval or reproach. As usual his face was neutral. She looked up at him, (he's still taller than her). He leaned down and gave her a kiss. Then he turned and was gone, before the heat left Rin's lips. She pinched herself to make sure she hadn't imagined it. She dressed into her fighting gear and carefully put her dress away into the pack on Ah-Un's back. Rin's heart was soaring, but she had long since schooled herself not to show too much emotion. She had been in love with Lord Sesshomaru for many years. She knew he cared, but she hadn't know it was more than just as a guardian.

Lord Sesshomaru struggled with himself, but couldn't help having feelings for Rin. And the more he felt for her, he noticed Tenseiga got stronger. When he got angry because someone was hurting Rin, his power amplified. He finally understood what his father was trying to tell him; a dog demon reached its ultimate power when it had something to protect. He was disgusted with this revelation. He let no one know about his inner struggle, but it did distract him. So much so that he told Rin to go back to Kaede's village for a while. Rin grinned as she watched Jaken hurry after him yelling, "wait for me my lord."