CHAPTER #4

They stepped away from each other and by the time Jaken arrived, Sesshomaru is dressed. Jaken reported seeing Inu Yasha fighting a large cat demon. Intrigued Sesshomaru went to look. He watched Inu Yasha slay it effortlessly.

Rin then said what he was thinking, "I wonder why a cat demon is so far into the western territory." Rin knew Lord Sesshomaru still disliked Inu Yasha, so she asked if she should go talk to them.

Jaken said, "Inu Yasha is too stupid to know anything!"

She smiled and received a curt nod from Lord Sesshomaru. She takes Ah-Un and goes into the valley. Kagome greeted Rin warmly. Inu Yasha insulted Sesshomaru and got annoyed when Kagome told him to be nice. Rin noticed he shuts up before Kagome could say 'sit'. Rin learns that they have fought a few cat demons that have been terrorizing the villages of Lord Sesshomaru's lands. Kagome didn't know why. As Rin left she overhears Kagome comment on her blood stained clothing. Rin is sad and tried to hide it when she reported back to Lord Sesshomaru.

They go to investigate and as a village appears in the distance, Lord Sesshomaru tells Rin to go get new clothing. He ordered Jaken to give her some jewels to trade for the clothing. Jaken piped up that she looked disgraceful and shouldn't be seen in Lord Sesshomaru's presence. Rin picked up Jaken and hugged him tightly. He struggled, all flustered and she put him down, happily running off to the village.

Jaken yelled after her that she has lost her mind.

Sesshomaru said, "come Jaken."

Jaken replied, "coming my lord."

When they next meet up with Rin, she is wearing orange and grey clothing, similar to the demon slayer gear like Sando and Kahoku's fighting clothing. Sesshomaru said nothing, but she knew he approved. Jaken sneared that it was slightly better.

** ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ **

Over the next few days they fought a lot of demons. Mostly Rin, Kohaku and Jaken. Lord Sesshomaru only bothered if they couldn't handle it.  Kohaku complimented Rin on her improved skills. Eventually they found out that the cats are after a necklace that allows the wearer to alter time. It was believed to be in the western lands, worn by a dragon. Rin knew that normally Sesshomaru didn't get involved, but he wouldn't allow cat demons on his lands. Sesshomaru showed his superior power while battling the cat demons. Then he defeated the dragon by himself, not allowing Rin, Kohaku or Jaken to fight with him. Afterwards he gives the necklace to Rin.

Rin meet up with Inu Yasha and Kagome, then gave the necklace to Kagome. (Later it's found out that when Kagome wears it in Feudal era, 3 days there=1 day her home time and vise versa, so visiting family was made easier.) Kagome gave Rin a beautiful white and red kimono dress in thanks.