Chapter 7

[I've been busy reading other stories. Sorry for the delay on the update.]

Chapter 7

"Laura... You ok?" Luke asked.

"I'm fine." She said quietly, adjusting her apron.

Luke knew that she was lying, but he didn't want to say anything that might upset her.

"Did Finn-?"

"He didn't touch me." She cut off Luke. She walked over and hugged him tightly, burying her face in his chest. She seemed to consistently get that comfort vibe from him. She couldn't simply brush it off. "Sorry, I just-" she mumbled.

"It's fine." He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her as close as bodies could be. It's almost as if he could sense her pain.

Suddenly, Aaron, Alex, and Joel entered the building, laughing about some joke.

"Oh... Ummm... Do you want some privacy?" Joel asked, his laughter ending quickly.

Luke and Laura let go of each other.

"We were just-" Laura said blushing furiously.

"Sure you were." Aaron rolled his eyes. "Look, people are going to be here soon so you better get off each other and start helping run this damn business for once."

Luke laughed quietly to himself at Aaron's obvious jealousy.

They got ready in no time and had the shop ready almost instantly.

The chime of the door sounded and the girls started pouring in.

"So Luke..." One of the girls batted her lashes. "I heard you're good in bed. You know my... Acquaintance... Said she was the one you lost your virginity to. I was thinking since you lost yours... You could just take mine."

Laura and Luke burst out laughing.

"That's a great pickup line. I think I'm gonna use that." Laura laughed writing it down.

"Janelle, I thought you lost it to Jai last year." Luke laughed.

The girl glared at him.

"And your friend is lying. Unless it's Laura you're talking about." Luke said, kissing Laura's cheek and going back to making drinks.

"Ugh!" Janelle marched away.

"Wait! You forgot your drink!" Laura said holding up Janelle's frap.

*Later*

"Close up. I'll be in the back talking to Alex about business." Finn says. Laura, Luke, Joel, and Aaron nod. Most of the people who are left leave except for a couple of men.

"Excuse me, sirs... We're closed. Would you mind moving your conversation outside?" Laura said nicely, trying to get them to leave.

"Sure thing sweetheart." One of them said and the men stood to get ready to leave. "Oh... First things first..." A group of about 6 men storm in the cafe making it 9 men against the 4.

"We aren't supposed to serve after hours..." Aaron gulped.

"No need. Just tell us where your little friend is. We have some unfinished business to attend to."

Laura looked to Luke, and he gave a slight nod. If the men were to advance on them, Laura and Luke needed to try and protect everyone.

"Which friend are you talking about exactly...? We have a lot." Joel scratched the back of his neck.

"Blondie. We want blondie." One of the men said.

"Why do you want me? I don't even know you!" Laura said.

"No not you. The boy?"

"Yea, I'm not up for that," Luke said.

"You're not even blonde!" One of the men said getting frustrated.

"Well, I do have natural highlights. Does that count for something?" Luke was just messing with him at this point and, unfortunately, angering him to the point of oblivion.

All of the men pulled out their guns and pointed them towards the four.

"Give up Alex or you will all suffer."

"What do you want with Alex?" Aaron asked.

"Just give us the damn boy!"

As the man shouted this, the lights went out. Laura reached out for Luke, gripping his hand. If he didn't trigger the light then who did?

Suddenly, a gun went off and from the light released you could see some movement. The lone person took on all nine men, flipping over them dramatically as the lights appeared as the look of strobe lights, shooting at the men while seemingly being airborne for what seemed like an eternity. Laura counted the shots and when it got to eight, she heard some mumbling in Spanish while someone else was pleading for their life. The last shot went off and it was dead silent. Laura strained her ears, listening to footsteps with an all too familiar rhythm. The lights came on. Laura adjusted her eyes and stood up slowly, gripping Luke's hand.

There stood the very person she was hoping her father wouldn't assign her with.

"Woah... You just totally saved our lives!" Aaron said to the boy. But the boy's eyes never left Laura's. His piercing green eyes bore through her soul. Her chest tightened slightly as she tried to take deep breaths.

"Laura... What's wrong?" Luke asked, cupping her face with his hand.

"That's my partner," Laura whispered. Joel's ears perked slightly out of curiosity as the boy across the room grinned. Aaron displayed a confused look upon his face.

Luke finally looked over to the guy and squinted. There was something familiar about this guy that Luke just couldn't put his finger on.

"Oh, Lukey boy... You don't remember me? We used to be best buddies. We surfed together all the time." The guy smirked.

Laura looked shocked. "How do you know him?"

Luke didn't answer at first. Instead, he slightly snarled. "Brandon."

"Hello, cousin." He responded to Luke. "I see you're getting chummy with my ex," Brandon smirked, crossing his arms in front of him.

[I hope you enjoyed your read :) please comment, vote, and/or follow!!!]

InvincibleOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara