Chapter Seven

A/N: Image above is of Claude Faustus. Thanks to Honestykills12 for the inspiration for this chapter! So I'm planning a bit of a plot twist with whose responsible for the fire at the Phantomhive manor. Therefore, some of the information will be false and not taken from the manga/anime.

Sebastian remains at Madam Red's manor as Ciel attends school. As a result of their contract, he begins collecting information from his own knowledge on the ferocious fire which took place at the Phantomhive manor. However, as Sebastian is a demon, he'd been observing the Phantomhive family; more specifically, Ciel Phantomhive. But this doesn't distract the attention he bestowed on the occurrences which took place between the other members.

From what he recalled, the night before the fire there'd been a quarrel involving Vincent Phantomhive, Rachel Phantomhive and Madam Red. Exerting himself in remembering the discussion they were having, Sebastian's features abate when he promptly evokes the situation between the relatives in which caused the fire to begin. 

~ Part Two ~

Sebastian awaits for Ciel to exit the school doors. Adolescents gleefully dash by the butler with their friends. Sebastian begins to feel to some extent impatient with the young boy as he finds himself still remaining in his same position in the now desolated school grounds. 

Acting on his own, perplexed with what's taking Ciel so long, Sebastian resolves his curiosities by entering the school building. He knew to some degree which corridors leaded where as he'd already been inside the building. He unhurriedly walked by each classroom, peeking his head inside to ensure Ciel wasn't inside either one of them. He espied a cleaner mopping the floor, inhaling the strong scent of the detergent, he took a different route. 

Ascending the staircase to the second floor of the school building, he instantaneously heard indistinct voices from the other side of the door he was about to enter. Cautious of every movement he made, he inaudibly entered the door. What he witnessed made him nauseated; a dark figure much like himself was stood before Ciel, restraining him against the wall. Their faces were millimeters apart from each other as he entwined Ciel's blue tendrils around his slender finger. 

Sebastian immediately acted upon this with an envious feeling and vexation coursing through his form's veins. Having to conceal the demon which lurks inside of him, Sebastian strides along the concrete flooring with thunderous footsteps. 

The dark figure was known to be Claude Faustus, Ciel's English teacher. However, what Ciel was unaware of was that Faustus wasn't necessarily just any English teacher; he was in fact also a demon. 

Claude's head turns swiftly in Sebastian's direction after perceiving the enraged butler. To begin with, his face exhibits the look of surprise until he apprehends whose advancing towards him in which turns to amusement.

"Ah, Sebastian, I almost didn't recognize you there." Claude speaks gleefully. 

Sebastian halts in front of the disguised English teacher and thwacks him in the face where he goes flying across the English corridor.

"S-Sebastian...?" Ciel utters in confusion.

Sebastian promptly gathers Ciel in his arms bridle-style. "Claude Faustus isn't an average English teacher, he's a demon seeking for a contract. " Sebastian speaks as he instantly exits the school building with his demonic speed. "He's a very intelligent, skillful demon. Howbeit, he's also got a reputation for being ruthless towards his contractors. In the demon world, I believe he also had an eye on you and is looking for you to cease the contract with I in order to create a new one with him. Young master, I am not one to tell you what you must do; however, I am certain that if you made a contract with Claude, it would have a very messy ending."

Ciel gazes at Sebastian with his eyes becoming wider and wider with each word. Ciel never had one suspicion about Claude Faustus at school, he'd always divert his attention to the work he was seemingly paid to do. Howbeit, Ciel  was assertive that he wasn't going to agree to a contract with Claude after the events which took place minutes ago. 

Still completely dumbfound, Ciel slowly drifts off into a deep sleep in Sebastian's comforting embrace. 

Sebastian casts a glance down at Ciel with a small smile spreading across his lips.  "Sleep well, my lord."