Five: Zoom or Pano? It's Up To You.

Adrian'sPOV
He did this to her, I thought bitterly. He didn't even have to technically do anything bar exist and her heart was his. Her soul was all his, under his influence. This was all his fault because he didn't get what she did for him, what he meant to her. I'd never stood a chance, but the addict and gambler in me had made me the play the hand anyway. In completing her, he completely destroyed her.

Seeing her like this made me want to heal her, but I couldn't. I'd already spent myself trying when I'd originally found her. It had been too late for me to do anything but rush her in here. She was somehow both alive and dead when I found her. And in pain, absolute agony.

"I'm sorry, lil' dhampir. I'm sorry he made this happen. I'm sorry I'm not enough, not what you want—not who you want. I'm sorry I couldn't stop you from doing this.
"He loves you still, you know. He's a right mess; I'd laugh if you weren't so messed up and it wasn't his fault in the first place. He's entertainingly, amusingly... an absolute mess without you."

I couldn't do it. I wanted to hold her hand and kiss her, but I wouldn't touch what was Belikov's. I'd likely regret this when the alcohol left my system, but even if she was technically my girlfriend, she was still Belikov's. I'd wanted to teach him a lesson or two originally, then I had wanted to help the woman I love mourn, grieve and move on. But the whole time I'd really just been going after another man's woman. Even though she had been his underage student at the time, she was still his. She was practically his wife, and had been the whole time I'd known her. So for the first time in a very long time, I decided to do the honourable, selfless, right thing and keep my hands and lips off Rose Hathaway.

"Oh, hey again Ivashkov," Belikov greeted uncomfortably a little while later. "I'll just..."
I stood and shook my head. "She's all y..." I trailed off when I noticed what had been brought in after him.
It didn't go unnoticed. "Uhh... they said she was strong enough for a short, supervised visit..."
Or rather, I should have said, I noticed whom was brought in after Belikov. My eyes widened and went to Belikov's for answers. "She was pregnant? You f*****g knocked her up!"
"Shh. Not around the baby and Rose."

Oh man, he was scary enough when he was a pissed off Guardian. But he was a terrifying over-protective father.

"And don't look at me like thatI didn't know until a couple of hours ago."
"You might want to tone down that fierce-father glare lest it be misinterpreted. And since you claimed her with your twisted spawn from hell, she's all yours." I stormed out, well aware I'd made a scene I'd probably forget tomorrow. I, however, didn't doubt that Belikov would remember.

The bar called my name and I didn't resist its lure. The last thing I wanted right now was to remember Dimitri f*****g Belikov had knocked up my girlfriend.... Or was it, my girlfriend had become my girlfriend despite her body being occupied by part of that ass wipe and sorry excuse of a Guardian, mentor, lover turned Strigoi and back again? I didn't even want to begin to think about thinking about it.

"Wh- Have you been here all this time?" Lissa asked. What time was it? How long had I been where?
"Oh, hey Cousin. Depends on where I am and when it is?" My head felt like it was splitting in half.
"The always-open bar and it's time for that Council meeting that's on. The one about... lowering the dhampir graduation age."
"Where's Rose?" I could only see Christian by her side like an obedient, little, love-sick puppy.
"Probably causing strife before the meeting's even started," Christian remarked with his trademark snark. Lissa elbowed him lightly but I just didn't care. All I wanted was for the pain in my head to go away.
"Then let's go see!" I stood on wobbly feet and headed towards the door. "Put it on my usual card," I told the barman.