Chapter 7: Don't Mind

Start from the beginning

All eyes go straight to Nero.

"What?" Nero asks innocently, arching a brow to us.

"You and Russian guy had a talk, right?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest. It feels like I need to protect the Russian guy. Nero shakes his head. What a liar. "Oh c'mon, Nero. Don't be such a liar. I saw you guys one time and you guys were having a big talk. Almost shouting with each other. And I have the feeling that Russian guy has decided to go back to Russia. Now, Nero, what did you say to him?"

"I'm going out," says Gloss.

He stands up and walks away.

+++

'Dear Future Lover For Forever,

It has been so long since I last wrote a letter for you. For the past few days, I was really stressed out. Because of mum. Of the things I'm facing. I have a new step father. He's a cop. His name is Eros. Remember about the first letter I wrote you? I love History. And when I found out his name, Eros. It felt like he belongs in Olympus. Like he's a God or something. I never knew mum could seduce a guy like him. Usually, Eros is the one who likes to fool around. But it seems like mum is toying him around her fingers. Is that even possible?

John and Ashton. They are really in love with each other. They are always together. And it's good to see that my friends are happy with their choices in life. When you enter in my life, I hope our start would be fine. And then I want our relationship to be exact like Noah's and Gloss'. Kevin's and Collins'. And John's and Ashton's.

I really want to meet you now. I don't know if you are now part of my life. Or if I have yet to meet you one day. But still, I'm ready. So ready.'

There's a knock on my door.

Knock! Knock!

Knocking the cup of pencils on my table, I mumble a shit as put some books on my notebook to hide the cheesy later.

Whoever this shit, it's a bitch.

Eros enters the room without my permission, and for that, I want to kill him. Privacy. We all want privacy.
"Feel like your room?" I ask as he sits on Brad's bed. Rolling my eyes, I pick up all the pencils that have rolled over my desk.

"Nope," he says nonchalantly. "But it's definitely my son's room, Brad. And you." I want to say I'm not his son. That my only father is my own father. He doesn't have the title to be a father to me or whatever. "You only talk to Brad. You never talk to us. I mean, you do. But that's rare. You'll just talk to us if we ask you a question. You never get along with us. It feels like we're ghost to you, aren't we? I know that you don't like me. Or you treat me as a stranger. But I want something more. I want to be close to you as you are with your father. I know that you treat Brad as your brother, but why can't you at least treat me as a friend or something?"

Drama. That's the one thing I'm trying to avoid.

There is too much drama around me. Too many. Dad being emotional, my friends telling me that they have my back whatever happens and shits like that. Although I'm being emotional sometimes, I just show them to my friends and mostly to my Dad. I don't want anyone to think that I'm weak or something like that.
I guess that's just me being... well, me.

"Why? Does that bother you that much?" I ask, staring directly into his eyes.

I never knew that his eyes are so intense, almost like meteors showers. It's so beautiful. Like, I could watch it for a day. I could just stare at it for a day without doing anything. It's not boring. At all. I cut it out. Too much watching is dangerous.

"We weren't supposed to meet like that," I say, referring to the day where we first met. "I could have met you at the school, or, or on the street. Or at the café, Starbucks. We could have been buddy buddy to each other. It's not supposed to be like this. We would have been, fuck this, best mates or something like that if you weren't screwing my mum." Almost shouting. He just stares at me. "What? You guys just met. And now, you guys are going to get married? Can't you see? Mum is desperate. Desperate to have someone. I can tell, she doesn't love you!"

"Don't talk about her like she's a goddamn devil!" Eros says, his eyes piercing through mine. "You very well know that if it weren't for her, you wouldn't have been born."

"And I tell you, you don't have a right to... to... ah, fuck this!"

"Language!"

"Too much shouting," Brad says, entering in our room. He eyes us both, confusion evident in his eyes. "Are you guys fighting?"

"No, kiddo." Eros says, calming down. He walks over to his son and picks him up. It's night. Mum is not in the house. I don't know and care where she goes. She doesn't care about me. Eros says something to Brad, which makes him nod. "Sleepy already? You should sleep now. Tomorrow, we're going to a theme park. Okay?" Brad nods happily.

I remember the last time my Dad brought me to a theme park. It was such a nice day. The sun was shining bright and all. It's like the sun was mighty at that time. Like a king. Dad used to tell me that. There were a lot of people in the park. Lots of chattering. My eyes were always on the kids who had parents. A complete family. The ideal family that I wanted. It's something that I wanted in the first place. At that time, Mum and Dad were not in good terms. They were parted. Broken. From that day, I knew that Dad cared a lot for me more than my Mum. He knew a lot of things about .e than my mum. He knows my favorites. Foods. Sweets. Desserts.

Eros pats me on the head. "Join us tomorrow. Brad would love that."

It's like nothing happened. His anger is gone. It feels like the room is much calmer now. Much better. The tension is gone. I just realized that there was a tension going on.

Am I that cruel?

Treating them like a ghost, is that cruel? Or rudeness? I remember the time when my father told me about he was like a ghost to mum. It was painful, according to him.

Is it painful for him?

Am I hurting Eros?

Am I hurting a God?