Chapter 27 - Monday

Monday was hell. Even from 9am in the morning it was clear this day was going to suck.

I arrived on campus too late for my lecture, because Matthew and I had decided on a spontaneous casual drinking evening. A drinking evening resulting in me getting drunk and obviously oversleeping this morning.

When I stepped into the lecture hall twenty minutes after the start the professor didn't even falter in his reading, let alone spare a glance for me. A tell tale sign that I was in serious trouble. I gulped, kept my head down and quietly walked up to the seat I knew Citty always kept open for me.

She didn't utter a word when I sat down next to her, instead she sneaked a glance towards me, grinned cheekily and wriggled her eyebrows.

I mouthed a "Shut up", not daring to make any sound with the teacher already not being too impressed with me today.

Five minutes before the lecture was over I was convinced that at least in this lecture, I was safe from further embarrassment. Unfortunately for me, whoever texted me those exact five minutes too early apparently didn't think so.

When the sound of 'Sex bomb' echoed through the room, I could've hit myself for not ever checking my phone after having gone out with Oliver two days prior.

My head on the tabletop I waited for the end to come. Figuratively and literally.

After everyone had left I made my way down to the professor, knowing full well he'd wanted me to stay behind.

"Not good, Mr. Lewis. Not good at all." His words were obviously directed towards me, even though he was still sorting out his papers, seemingly very absorbed in his work.

I only lowered my head, waiting for him to continue.

"I'm not going to demand an explanation since I wouldn't accept one anyway. Instead, you can write that voluntary essay I mentioned last week, which you would know about had you been present." Not even a glance in my direction. I felt like a little school boy again.

"Alright Sir. I'll get right on it."

"Well, get going then." He shooed me out with a wave of his hand, not showing any other acknowledgement of my presence.

I didn't reply and instead shuffled out into the hallway, where Citty was waiting for me.

"Why is it that the only lecture we actually have together is the only one you ever get in trouble in?"

"It's Monday morning and the day after a weekend spent with Oliver." She only sighed and patted my back. Sometimes it seemed like Oliver and Citty knew each other too well considering their meetings could be counted on one hand.

On Mondays, me and Citty finished at the same time, which is why she dragged out of the university and into her car as soon as she'd inhaled the last of her lunch, mine mostly untouched still.

The shopping mall was a mere ten minutes by car and not really what other people would call a shopping mall. It really was just a large building with the biggest assembly of shops one could find in this town.

Her grip on my wrist was frighteningly strong as she dragged me from shop to shop, looking for the perfect dress. In the beginning I tried to be honest and give her pointers when she asked me to. After the second shop I realised that one, she didn't really want my opinion and two, she never actually listened to anything I said. So I settled for a simple grunt when asked for an answer.

At some point she decided that a dress was not the right thing. Now she wanted to go for a skirt - blouse combination. Honestly, it was nothing to me. I would never care what my partner was wearing on our anniversary. I think I'd be so happy to spend time with them in the first place that I wouldn't be bothered to look at their clothes. I guess as the one being seen though, it was a totally different story. So out of respect for my friend I silently obliged and followed her everywhere - until we stood in the middle of a Victoria Secret shop.