Episode 24 - Mami's Trial

~ Nobody's Pov ~

On the T.V:

"Breaking news. As of yesterday's attack. It has been confirmed that the attack was caused by the D.E.S and has declared war to Akb0048. In the explosion during the attack, the only member that was effected had confirmed to be Oshima Yuko according the Matsumoto Akihiro. He said that she is currently under care in the hospital right now and will hopefully recover soon so that she can take her rightful spot as center once again. Meanwhile in the Akb0084 sub-unit IRIS, things have been going down hill due to the fact that Takahashi Noa maybe missing or is according to rumors dead. In addition, Akamine Mami's father, Aki Akamine, confirmed to be the culprit of the murder of the late CEO of the Zodiac corporation, who is also known as the father of Akb0048 graduate and former centernova, Sono Chieri. His trial will be in the supreme court in Kasumigastar today at 12:30 in the afternoon. What will Akb0048 do now? Stay tune for more news." the T.V turned off.

~ Mami's Pov ~

"F-Father...?" tears started to come out of my eyes.

"Mami, it's okay..." Akira hugged me.

"Well that's a surprise to 0048." Miyu said.

"Here." Miyu gave me a tissue.

"Mami if you need me come talk to me in my office." Matsumoto-sensei.

"Okay." I said.

Matsumoto-sensei and Yuma-san then left.

"Mami are you okay?" Takamina asked.

"Y-Yeah... don't worry about me." I forced a smile.

I started to walk out. But Takamina stopped me and genes me by the wrist.

"No, you're not. Let's sit down and talk about this!" she said.

"No, I said I was fine!" I faked my cheery tone.

"I'm not going to let you go until we all talk about this!" she said.

"No! Let me go!" I aggressively shouted.

Everybody was astonished. Silence filled the room. They never heard me yell like that before. Takamina then let me go.

"I get it...sorry...I just don't want to you to hold in your emotions. It will hurt you if you did." her head was down.

"Fine..." I gave in.

"But-" Akira said.

"Don't worry, it's about time I tell them everything." I said.

"Okay..." Akira said.

We all settled down.

"So Mami, please explain the situation." Takako said.

I took a deep breath.

"My father disappeared when I was born." I began.

< Flashback (when Mami was a little kid) <

"Mother, what was dad like?" I asked.  

"There's nothing special about him so you shouldn't have to ask about it." my mother would always say.

I looked at the picture of my dad. He kind of looked like the gown up male version of me.

Other kids would make fun of me for not having a father. Nobody would want to talk to me because of this.

"Hey there's Mami." a kid said.

"Isn't she that kid who doesn't have a father?" the other kid asked.