Episode 17 - Blooming Succession! Pt. 1

[ On the t.v screen ]

"Breaking news, last night, Akb0048 100th generation kenkyuusei member Itano Tomiko shocked the whole audience with an unexpected announcement of her graduation. If you haven't watched it here is the footage:

"I've been really great full of being apart of Akb0048, I've always had the opportunity not to follow my dreams but to meet fans and make new friends along the way. I've always had fun with the members and had fun doing what I do. My goal is to keep the Itano family tradition of succeeding Itano Tomomi, but I have something to tell to you all, as of today, I, Itano Tomiko, will graduate from Akb0048."

Itano Tomiko was also known as a member of the sub-group IRIS and the next member of the Itano family to take on the roll of Itano Tomomi the 13th. After her announcement, she also announced that she will not have a graduation concert and will leave quickly as possible. She did not say anything about her future plans. The members of IRIS and other 0048 members and staff seems to respect her decision." said the news lady.

"If Itano Tomiko is graduating, then would've her family stopped her since she has to be in Akb0048, or did her family force her to graduate, what do you think happened?" the other anchor said.

-

~ Nobody's Pov ~

"I can't believe Tomiko is graduating. Takako why didn't you notify us about it?" Takakmina asked Takako. "I'm sorry Takamina-senpai, I was told it keep this a secret." Takako said. "It's okay I understand. "Looks like we have to wait for another couple of years for the next Tomochin to come." Mariko said. "Too bad, she was one of the cool kenkyuusei members" Yuko said. "Indeed." Yuki said.

~ Akihiro's Pov ~

"Now Tomiko-chan sign this and you're officially not a member of Akb0048 anymore." I handed her the paper. She read the contract, then I gave her the pen to sign it. I can tell that she had a worried expression on her face. She put the tip of the pen on the paper but she then froze. "I...I....I..." she started to say. "What's wrong?" Tomo asked. "I...I... I...can't..."she said. "What do mean? I know this hurts you but this is the family's decision." Tomo said. "I-it's not that...it's just that...this pen isn't working..." she said. "Huh?" Tomo and I said. "Yep, I need a new pen." she said. "Ok, uh, here." I handed her another pen. I watched as she twirls the pen in the paper. "Here." she gives the paper back to me. "Thank you." he said. "Now it's settled, Tomiko your flight leaves will leave tomorrow." Tomo said to her. "I understand." Tomiko said. "Tomiko, wait." I said. "What?" she asked. "Mother, you leave first." she said. "Ok." she then left the room. I gave Tomiko a big hug. "I'm going to miss you." I said to her. "I'm going to miss you too." she quietly said. We both let go. "Um...Matsumoto-sensei." she called me. "Huh? You don't have to call me that anymore call me Akihiro-kun." I said. "Ok then A-Akihiro-kun, yeah sounds wierd." she said. "Ok call me Matsumoto-sensei then or san, or sama!" I dramatically said. "Ok..." she had a awkward reaction on her face. "Anyways what is it?" he asked. "I have a request!" she immediately said. "What?" I asked. "C-can you keep IRIS going? I don't want IRIS to disappear after I'm gone. I...I...want them to go farther and farther to higher limits and continue without me. Please!" she bowed to me. I smiled. "Your wish is my command." I patted her head. "Excuse me." she bowed and left my office.

~ Noa's Pov ~

"Yum!" Akira said. "Delicious!" Mami said which we were eating lunch in the dining hall. "Hey Noa, how do you feel about Tomiko leaving." Michiyo asked me. "I'm a bit sad but if that's what she wants, then I'll support her." I said. Everyboy stopped talking as our attention turned to Tomiko as she entered to the room. "Tomiko." Takako said. "I'm sorry for shocking you all with my annoucment of graduating, but I came to tell you all that I'll be leaving Akibastar tomorrow morning. I'll be moving to Okutamastar to pursue a dream besides becoming an Akb0048 member, for the rest of the day, I will not be present in this building." Tomiko announced. She then left. I felt again something strange in my body when I'm around Tomiko. "Noa, what's wrong?" Sakura asked. "I feel something strange again." I said. Takako sighed. "This has been going on since last night, are you feeling ok?" Takako asked. "It might be puberty happening." Michiyo said. "No, I don't think so." I said. I then got out of my seat and went to find Tomiko. "Noa, were are you-" it was already too late, I left. "Tomiko!" I finally caught up to her. "Noa..." she said. "What's wrong?" she asked. "I wanted to give you something before you leave." I handed her a a small pink box with a bow on top of it. "Thank you, Noa." Tomiko smiled and took the present. Tomiko started to walk. "Thank you!" I said. "Huh?" she turned around and looked at me. "Thank you, for saving me during the auditions and most of all being my friend." I said. She then hugged me. "No, thank you for always encouraging me." she smiled. "I hope you'll be happy even though you won't be with us anymore." I smiled, I felt tears coming down my face. "Noa, don't cry." she said. Her phone rang. "Hello? Right, I'll be there now." she said through her phone. "Sorry Noa, I have to go." she started walking. "Bye, Tomiko." I said. She then stopped. "Noa, tell the others that I will never forget them. " she then walked away.