Captain Callbacks

Jaycee's Pov

It was a few hours of people chattering when Mrs. D finally came out with her clipboard. She told everyone, even the parents to come inside. "Okay, there were a lot of extremely talented girls that tried out today, but sadly we only have twelve spots." She said. I squeezed my mom's hand. "If I call your number, step forward." She said. I got really nervous. "53, 61, 77, 91, 94, 108, 253, 374, 399, 422, 423, 455." She said. I tried to hold in a squeal when she called my number. I just stepped forward and smiled. "The rest of you did well. Maybe next year." She said. All the rest of the people left leaving Mrs. D with us. She told us She had to say our names and age for the judges. I had an idea on ages since this is just baby doll tryouts.

Destinee- 10

Danzay- 10

Titiunna- 9

Heaven- 9

Kaylee- 9

Kahleyia- 8

Jasany- 7

Addison- 7

Hailey- 7

Layla- 7

Jaycee- 6

Nataliya- 6

I smiled at Mrs. D. "The first practice is Monday. I want all of you to go except Jaycee, Titiunna, and Kahleyia." She said. She waited for everyone to leave, then she said that she wants us to tryout for captain. "Okay. When?" Titiunna asked. "Now." I shrugged. I don't think I'm ready, but it's worth a shot. Mrs. D asked us to do some tricks. Kahleyia couldn't do a back end walk over so she got cut and had to go home. I feel bad for her, but at least she's on the team. My mom taught me everything and I'm proud of that. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have even made the team. Me and Titiunna could do all the tricks so Mrs. D wanted us to have a little stand battle. That's when, I made Baby Dancing Doll captain at age six.