17: THE YELLOW MENACE (JASON)

The boys face an unexpected danger while jogging out on the highway ...

I couldn't believe that Johnny doubted me because I paid so much attention to Corey. He really got jealous. I suppose it was totally my fault, I shouldn't have made such a fuss. I just never dreamed Johnny would react like that. How could he not know that there'd never be anyone who could even come close to him in my affections?

I guess it was just so amazing to be free from the fear of being queer. All those years I had to hide it, stuff it, now it was just so awesome to be out and express my feelings and show it all. Hell, I'd been drooling over Corey Connors for years and it was just so exciting to be able to fawn all over him and carry on like that.

I have to remember to cool it from now on, not be so outrageous. I don't want to get Johnny mad at me. Although, I must admit, it was a hella turn on when he did get mad and try to boss me around. I really liked that. At least now I know that if we do get into fights I'll have to give in and let Johnny win, and that the whole experience will be sexy as hell.

After our sexcapades with the twins we took a shower. That was fun, the four of us squeezed into the stall shower, packed together in there like sardines. Then we dried off and dressed each other. That, I know, was pretty darn queer, but what the heck? It's really sexy to dress other guys, so we did it.

After that they had to go home because it was Sunday and they had to attend evening services with their mom and dad at the local Lutheran church. I told them to pray that we'd have many more wonderful times together like we'd had today. They sort of frowned at the idea of it, as if that wasn't the kind of prayer God wanted to hear. But then Johnny reminded them that it was God who had made us the way we were, so it must be okay. He couldn't be so stupid as to make us queer and then damn us for it too, could he?

Nah ... I agreed with Johnny. It was the bigots who believed that crap that were stupid, not God.

Our phones started ringing like crazy after the boys left. My mom called and asked about our day. I told her that the twins came over for a visit and about the bear up on the mountain. She thought it was wonderful that the twins were still our friends and awful that the bear had almost attacked Corey and me. And she was worried about Colt because he still hadn't come back, but I assured her that the dog knew what he was doing and would soon return.

Johnny's Uncle Ted called him. He was up in Toronto, Canada, and would be coming home in a few days, maybe Thursday or Friday. Strike had called him earlier in the day and told him all the latest news, which was a relief to Johnny. He hadn't been particularly looking forward to telling his uncle about it. Uncle Ted was surprised about our being queer, but totally accepting and glad to have me join the family. But he didn't say anything to Johnny about being queer himself.

There were other calls too. Jeannie called me and Ginny called Johnny, both to tell us that they'd had a fun time up at the lake and that most of the football players were not all that  concerned about the news that me and Johnny were queer. The cheerleaders, though, all thought it was sexy and were all laying their plans on what they were going to do with us. Yah, right, huh? Ginny tried to talk Johnny into letting her come over and spend the night, but he managed to tell her no in a nice way, over and over and over again, until she understood he really meant it.