CHAPTER 26 | Photography

*Two Months Later*

     "THIS AIN'T A MOVIE I WANNA SEE. A TRAGIC STORY STARRING YOU AND ME. YELL 'CUT!' WE'RE STUCK INSIDE THIS SCENE. THIS IS HEARTACHE ON THE BIGSCREEN. THE CLOCK IS TICKING AND I'M OUT OF TIME. THE CAMERA'S ROLLING AND I FORGOT MY LINES. MY SCRIPT IS RIPPED AND NOW I SEE. THIS IS HEARTACHE ON THE BIGSCREEN," I sing loudly to the background music for the photo shoot. The model requested 5SOS surprisingly.
     "Ava, I didn't ask you to help me so you could just sing out the lyrics to the music instead of taking pictures." Bryant calls out to me, laughing.
     I roll my eyes and grab my camera off the table and put the strap around my neck and walk over to Bryant.
     The model was my best friend Ryan (she's a girl) who I haven't seen in like a bajillion years.
     [A/N: RYAN NEWMAN as HERSELF.]
     Her makeup and hair people did a really good job because Ry looks fantastic.
      (Pic of Ava and Ryan attached.)
      Her outfit is on point as always.
      We were indoors and the background for the shoot was a plain white canvas.
      Bryant asked if I wanted to help since I like taking pictures and I love photoshoots, especially if they're tumblr. So I drove out to LA and here I am.
      I forgot to take my camera and tripod on the Magcon tour (sad) which sucked.
     Taylor uploaded our video yesterday (he forgot about it) and my notifications have exploded with questions.
     I've been checking up on Cam's Twitter and he hasn't officially announced that we weren't together anymore but he's been indirecting me again.

     "@camerondallas: I miss you :("
     "@camerondallas: why did I let myself hurt you again?"

     Stuff like that.
     I hold my camera up and snap pictures as Bryant does the same but directs Ryan how to pose and what to do and crap.
     "Don't Stop" begins playing and I want to jam out like beyond compare but I have to take pictures.
     "Don't stop, doin' what you're doin'. 'Cause every time you move to the beat it gets harder for me and you know it, know it, know it. Don't stop, 'cause you know that I like it. Every time you walk in the room you got all eyes on you, and you know it, know it, know it," I sing along.
     "I'm surprised you're not dancing around the room, Aves." Ry laughs.
     "Me too," Bryant agrees.
     "Why'd you have to pick 5SOS, RyRy?" I pout.
     "RyRy? You haven't called me that in like an entire year." Ry chuckles striking another pose.
     "I haven't seen you in like a year." I laugh snapping more pictures.
     "You haven't seen me in like four months, what are you talking about." Ryan laughs.
     "Yeah, but that's almost half a year, and a half a year times two is a year," I say like it's obvious. "So technically a year."
     "You're a riot." Bryant turns to me, laughing. "How does Cameron put up with you?"
     I stop laughing and Ryan does too. She knows but I guess Bryant doesn't.
     "Not sure," I say, returning my attention to my camera.
     The next hour was awkward and silent except for 5SOS blasting in the background.
     "She Looks So Perfect" changes to "Tomorrow Never Dies."
     Big mood change.
     "OH THE SUN WILL RISE. LIKE A FLAME IGNITES. WE'RE NOT DONE TIL WE SAY IT'S OVER. WE WON'T FADE AWAY. OH THE SUN WILL RISE. TOMORROW NEVER DIES," I sing. Usually when I listen to this song there would be a lot of hair flipping and neck cracking and adrenaline would be pumping through me, but right now I can't do that because I'm not alone.
     The song ends and "Never Be" starts playing. This is me and Ry's jam.
     "WE'LL NEVER BE AS YOUNG AS WE ARE NOW. IT'S TIME TO LEAVE THIS OLD BLACK AMD WHITE TOWN. LET'S SEIZE THE DAY, LET'S RUN AWAY, DON'T LET THE COLORS FADE TO GREY. WE'LL NEVER BE AS YOUNG AS WE ARE NOW. AS YOUNG AS WE ARE NOW," Ry and I sing loudly.
     Bryant just laughs at us.

     <><><><><>

     Ry and I decided to hang out and catch up on things since we haven't seen each other in a tragic four months.
     We went to Starbucks because we were feeling like our basic selves.
     We sit down next to the window after we get our drinks.
     I go on my phone and connect to the wifi (woohoo) and while Ry does the same I look around.
     My eyes catch crystal blue ones sitting at the table not that far away and I feel like the air is knocked out of my lungs.
     Nash.
     I forgot him and Cam bought an apartment here together.
     Cam. Shoot. He better not be here.
     And to my luck, Cam walks out of the men's room straight to Nash. Somehow, he didn't notice me.
     I shoot Nash a warning look.
     Ry notices my change in mood and turns around to look where I was looking. She turns back around to me.
     "Cameron?" She asks.
     "Cameron," I assure.
     Nash and Cam get up to leave which isn't good because they have to walk past us.
     I look down and pretend to be interested in my receipt, letting my hair fall onto the sides of my face.
     A pair of feet come to a stop next to me.
     "A-Ava?" I hear that voice I didn't ever want to hear again say.
     I look up to Cameron. The sight of him scared me.
     He looked thinner and paler like he hadn't eaten or hadn't gone out for a while.
     "Hi, Cameron," I say softly.
     "I m-missed you," he stutters.
     I look to Ry and then to Nash.
     Nash grabs Cam's arm and turn him so that he's facing Nash.
     "We should go, Cam," he says softly like if he spoke any louder the walls of Cameron would come crashing down.
     "B-but-" Cam begins.
     "Bye, Ava," Nash says, tugging Cam behind him.
     Cam looks at me as they exit the door and all I could see was the hurt in his eyes.

________________
McKALEY MILLER  as  AVALON DIVINE
RYAN NEWMAN  as  HERSELF