Day 2-silence

We both just sat there, not knowing what to do.

Of course I had to stupidly tell her the truth, but I didn't think that it would end up this awkward between us. I thought that it would end with her leaping into my arms with joy or running away in fear, but not just us sitting next to each other in complete silence.

I kept stealing glances at her, hoping that she wouldn't notice, but each time I tried to look at her, she seem to be doing just the same at me.

"Well don't just leave me hanging. I want to know how you feel." I whispered, trying to break the uncomfortable silence.

After a couple of minutes of me staring at her, expecting my answer, she looked back at me and said, "I still don't know what to do! Everyone expects me to choose between you and him, but I still need some time to think about it! Who knows, I might even end up with someone else because both of you are so confusing!" and she walked off.

For several days, that was the last time that I heard her voice, and each day was making it harder for me to be able to see her but not be able to hear the words that sounded like a song every time she spoke. She just left me with the memory of the uncomfortable silence playing again and again in my head until I couldn't anymore.

That night, once everyone was asleep and she was cleaning up camp, I confronted her.

"I know the decision is rough, but I cant keep this silence. If it is the chance to hear your voice again, then you don't have to worry about me messing up the equation. Just go to Aang, I'm sure that he would be happy." I said and before I could see her reaction, I turned around and began to walk away.

Quickly, I was stopped but two small arms wrapping around my stomach.

"That was what I was waiting for." She whispered into my back, "One of you to let me go freely to the other so the choice would be to difficult for me. I gave Aang the same silent treatment ever since I gave it to you just to see who would crack first. Dont hate me for this."

I quickly peeled her hands off of me and wrapped my arms around her and I said, "Katara, I could never hate you."