Day 1-melody

As I cleaned up the huge mess that we made from dinner, I hummed a simple tune that brought back so many memories. My mother and father used to hum it whenever she was cleaning after dinner so Sokka and I would sit so they wouldn't notice us and listen to the soothing melody.

I guess that it just became a habit because once my mother died, i would hum it with Sokka and gran-gran and father would sit and sadly smile at us.

I began to hum it a little bit louder as i got trapped in my memories, not noticing the fact that i had an audience member.

Its been a few weeks since we got to the air temple with Aang and all of the other younger fighters we brought to war with us. Aang and Zuko have been training non-stop to improve their fire bending.

I began to think of the time back in Ba Sing Sai when Zuko and i were trapped underground by Azula but before i could remember the first few words we said, I was interrupted by someone clapping.

At first I froze, but once i made eye contact with his burnt eye, i began to relax.

"Hey Zuko." I said as i quietly prayed that he didn't hear me hum.

But of course he did and he said, "you have a good voice."

"Thanks" i awkwardly replied.

"So what were you humming?" He asked.

"Just a little melody my mother and father used to sing." I said.

"Really?" He asked incredulously.

"Yeah. Why?" I asked.

"Because my mother used to sing the same tune to me when i couldn't fall asleep as a child." Zuko said, his face completely serious.

We stood in silence for a few moments before he began to sing the melody with a beautiful voice.

At first i was shocked, but i quickly began to sing along with him. We looked at each other while we sang and began to slowly drift closer to one another.

Not before long, he was twirling me around the camp sight. We spun and danced and sang together for a few minutes until we were cut off but applause.

Quickly we moved away and when i looked up to see who was clapping, i was shocked to see everyone that we brought with us with wide grins on their faces.

"Hah!" Toph exclaimed "you idiots owe me ten gold coins each!"