Ch. 1 - News

Woop woop hope you enjoy this book as well as the first one too.

I was flipped onto my back with an 'oomph' and pinned down with my wings sprawled out awkwardly. I felt them stretch and yowled painfully. "Shade! Come o-" I began to complain but he growled softly, "Shadow." He warned, pinning me down once again. Training was a bitch. It had been a while since I had returned from Hogwarts for the summer, but Shade had insisted that he trained me to defend myself just in case. He had told me that I was a great hunter, but a slow learner at fighting others. I had just replied that I was holding back because I didn't want to hurt him - he had scoffed and I had given him a cuff round the ear that he wouldn't forget easily.

"Okay, okay. That's enough for today." Shade saw my pleading face and gave up. I grinned and licked his cheek, purring deeply as we rubbed our scents over each other. "Love yooooou." He returned the lick, pushing me down to the cave floor gently and curling around me. I blinked slowly, "Love you too." I replied as I shuffled my wings, checking my body for any serious damage. Shade studied me curiously, both of us still purring quietly.

"I go back tomorrow." I said softly, gazing at my mate with expectant eyes. He sighed and nodded, "I know. I don't want you to get down again - you promised me remember?" He nudged my cheek and I whimpered, "I do." I buried my muzzle between his paws, yawning sleepily. I hadn't slept well recently because Shade had been dealing with another Claw pack that was far away and he had been and gone for several days at a time.

"I'm sorry I had to leave so many times. Pack business." He rested his fuzzy chin on my shoulder, licking my paws clean of the dirt that clung to them. I nuzzled his front legs with my nose, rubbing my cheek along the thick mane of fur that surrounded his neck. "Mmm... you're so handsome and warm and amazing and... and... all that good stuff." I gave him sheepish smile and he smirked, "Damn straight. But, I'll tell you a secret." He leaned closer to my ear, "You made me that way, Shadow." I blushed madly, burying my head in his snuggly fur again.

"Sleep mea umbra, for tomorrow, I cannot sleep with comfort, knowing you're away from me." Shade whispered, and I felt his smiling eyes on my back. I purred softly, "But I wanna stay up." I whined, trailing my tail up his back leg which, I could feel, made his heartbeat accelerate. I loved the effect I had on him - it made me feel wanted and unique.

Shade gave me his stern look and I lowered my ears, widening my eyes. He growled and cuffed my ear gently, "You're a little seducing minx, you know that?" He scolded me playfully but I just nipped his paw that rested my head and purred louder, "But you love me." I laughed, gazing into his handsome eyes. "More than anything. You can stay up then." He licked my cheek and I lifted my wings slightly, "I have conquered the mighty Alpha Shade!" I cried playfully, rolling on my back with my paws in the air and staring at him sideways. He rolled his eyes and pawed my belly, making me half close my eyes.

That. Was. Bliss.

Suddenly, the bliss disappeared and was left with a cold, empty atmosphere. Shade was standing at the cave entrance, growling angrily at a scout, "Alpha, please, they say it's important. It's about your mate, Alpha Shadow." The scout whimpered quietly. That shut Shade up. He mused over the words a while before calling for me. I padded slowly up to them, and the scout led us through the clearing to reveal none other than Jenny and James standing in the middle of the camp with Hagrid at the edge of the place.

I shifted and waved at them slightly, earning a glare from Shade. I gave his fur a good stroke, kissing his furry cheek, "Why are you guys here? I thought school started tomorrow." I asked curiously, a nervous feel taking to the air.

Jenny cleared her throat, "Uh, Shadow... we have news about.. um, you know who." She mumbled, twirling a strand of hair through her fingers. Something in my brain clicked, "You mean the murderous traitor that dare calls James his son? What about him?" I snarled, enraged by the mere mention of none other than Sirius Black himself. The bastard. Shade licked my hand and nudged my side, trying to comfort me.

"Yep. We gotta take you back to Grimmauld Place." James stated, eyeing the different Claws with a fascinated expression. Shade growled and sat down, curling his tail around my legs. I rolled my eyes and knelt down, "I'll go with you guys in a moment. Just let me say my goodbyes first." My two friends gave a short nod then walked back to Hagrid.

Shade growled at me put I gave him a harsh nudge with my foot, "I don't like this any more than you do, but I have to go, Shade. Please." I kissed his furry cheeks, earning a deep purr from him then he rolled on his back and whined. I chuckled and rubbed his belly, hugging his muscular body. "I love you Shade, I'll see you soon." I managed a small smile then jogged over to Jenny, James and Hagrid.

"Let's go."